Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Object mapping issue in libraries created in jubula(Object mapping issue in libraries created in jubula)
Object mapping issue in libraries created in jubula [message #843822] Fri, 13 April 2012 11:53 Go to next message
Ashish Sharma is currently offline Ashish SharmaFriend
When we use the libraries that we created for creating test scenarios we get object mapping incomplete for the libraries.
In earlier version of jubula 5.2 it was working. When we migrated to newer version of jubula 6.0 we are getting the error.

We created libraries with same aut configuration as for the test scenarios.
In test scenarios we created a test suite and used the tests created from libraries, we get this problem.
Re: Object mapping issue in libraries created in jubula [message #846667 is a reply to message #843822] Mon, 16 April 2012 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zeb Ford-Reitz is currently offline Zeb Ford-ReitzFriend
I'm not sure what problem you are experiencing. I understand that the libraries (Reused Projects) contain Component Names, but where are the Component Names mapped (i.e. in the Reused Project or in the Project with the Test Suites)? As far as I can recall, the Component Names need to be mapped in the Project with the Test Suites. If mappings from Reused Projects were also permitted, this was unintended, unspecified behavior. The Component Names themselves, however, may be defined in a Reused Project, thus allowing these Projects to be used as libraries.

I'll assume for now that the Component Names are mapped in the correct Project.
Have you checked whether the incomplete Test Suites are actually runnable. We have had decoration issues in the past, where a Test Suite was incorrectly marked as incomplete, but could still be executed.

Beyond that, the order in which the Projects are imported may be important in this case. If you have not tried already, please try importing first the Reused Projects. Once those Projects have been successfully imported, then try importing the Project containing your Test Suites.

- Zeb
Re: Object mapping not found in new tests written using reusable libraries created in jubula [message #847197 is a reply to message #846667] Tue, 17 April 2012 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ashish Sharma is currently offline Ashish SharmaFriend
I have created a library and completed object mappings. I have also written few test suites to test them.
Then, I created a new project and added the library created earlier.
I write tests using the tests in the library.
I get object mappings not found for AUT for the new project.

I am not able to figure out what went wrong. The AUT configuration used in both the projects (library and project created using library) are same.

Jubula should pick the object mappings on its own. If it's not picking then it's a bug.

Please advise how to fix this.
Re: Object mapping not found in new tests written using reusable libraries created in jubula [message #847233 is a reply to message #847197] Tue, 17 April 2012 05:44 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
I think I see the problem now. Cross-project mapping is not possible in Jubula - the idea of library projects is that they are probably valid for multiple AUTs, and therefore their component names will be mapped in each project they are reused in. It is only the Test Cases with their component names (not mapping, Test Suites etc.) that are reused from a reused project.

HTH,
Alex
Previous Topic:String manipulation on local variables
Next Topic:Change Log Level
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:36:02 GMT 2024