Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Text into XtextEditor(Insert a text into a XtextEditor)
Text into XtextEditor [message #843651] Fri, 13 April 2012 08:37 Go to next message
Kollin Krause is currently offline Kollin KrauseFriend
Hello Everbody!

I create a new test with Jubula.
In this test i will insert a text into a "XtextEditor".

I tried an component with Text Input "Input Text" but i can't mapping the "XtextEditor" with the (Text Field/Text Area/Editor Pane/Text Pane) action.

Any ideas or hints what can i do?

Thanks!!!
Re: Text into XtextEditor [message #843734 is a reply to message #843651] Fri, 13 April 2012 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Can you map the XtextEditor at all in the object mapping mode? If so, what component type does it show?
If it cannot be mapped, then it would be useful to find out what kind of a component it is (perhaps from the XText forum). That may gives us some hints on why it can't be mapped.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Text into XtextEditor [message #846612 is a reply to message #843734] Mon, 16 April 2012 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your answer!

I have resolved the problem. My component type was wrong. I have chosen the type "Text Field/Text Area/Editor Pane/Text Pane" and that is not correct ... --> the "Application" component type is correct for the Xtext-Editor.

Kollin
Re: Text into XtextEditor [message #846626 is a reply to message #846612] Mon, 16 April 2012 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hm, that means you have a workaround, but basically the Application component just puts the text / key presses at the place where focus is. You can't e.g. check text via the Application component. If this is enough for you, then that's fine. Nevertheless it may be interesting to find out what kind of a component is being used here.
Re: Text into XtextEditor [message #857322 is a reply to message #846626] Thu, 26 April 2012 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That´s not enough for me ... i will check the text in my Xtext-Editor.
In my use case the Xtext-Editor is a part of a Multipage-Editor. The Xtext-Editor extends the standard/default TextEditor ... and i think this is the real component?
In my opinion it is correct to map the "XtextEditor" with the (Text Field/Text Area/Editor Pane/Text Pane) but then i get this error message:

Reason: 4051: Incompatible type of Component Name "nn_nn_tpn": "Text Field/Text Area/Editor Pane/Text Pane" --> "(SWT)CTabbed Pane". Please choose a compatible Component Name.

Any other ideas what can i do?
Re: Text into XtextEditor [message #857381 is a reply to message #857322] Thu, 26 April 2012 13:44 Go to previous message
Hi,

The tabbed pane is definitely wrong, so the error message you get there is correct Wink

If we can't address the text component of the editor, then it would require an extension. There is an Extension Document available on the Jubula Documentation pages, and the following links may be helpful:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/261926/
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/318379/
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=372349
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/323430/

HTH,
Alex
Previous Topic:Problem starting a test suite from command line
Next Topic:Create UITest
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:18:54 GMT 2024