Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » RSE: Telnet terminal without password asks for login data
RSE: Telnet terminal without password asks for login data [message #841487] Wed, 11 April 2012 11:32 Go to next message
jose ferreiro is currently offline jose ferreiroFriend
Hello

I want to open a telnet terminal to a embedded device from my Eclipse. This device has no users/password. I created a 'Telnet only' connection and I have put at Settings: Login.required = false. But it keeps asking for an user/password combination.

What I am losing?

I have Eclipse 4.1 + CDT 8.0 + PTP (RDT) 5.07 + TM 3.1 + RSE 3.3

Thank you
Re: RSE: Telnet terminal without password asks for login data [message #841517 is a reply to message #841487] Wed, 11 April 2012 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Oberhuber is currently offline Martin OberhuberFriend
Unfortunately, the quality of the RSE Telnet provider is not in a good shape. It was contributed long ago but the original contributor did not maintain it any more.

More details are here:

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/tm-dev/msg00102.html

If you could contribute some bug fixes or improvements, we'd be more than happy to help you get started. If we don't find any contributors, we will consider retiring the Telnet provider.

Thanks,
Martin
Re: RSE: Telnet terminal without password asks for login data [message #841544 is a reply to message #841517] Wed, 11 April 2012 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Martin

I am quite lost between all these eclipse projects. Some weeks ago I found the TM web but when I found PTP I forgot it. I should have remembered it when I saw this forum looking for a way to connect via telnet Sad

Is this link, h**p://wiki.eclipse.org/TM_and_RSE_FAQ#How_do_I_debug_a_problem_with_TM_.2F_RSE.3F ,still a good guide to try to debug the problem?

Thanks you very much,
Jose
Re: RSE: Telnet terminal without password asks for login data [message #842469 is a reply to message #841544] Thu, 12 April 2012 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello

I followed that steps on a new Eclipse 4.2 wtih PTP + TM + RSE. I selected the org.eclipse.tm.rse R3_3_1 version from the CVS.

The problem is that Telnet connector is not loading its settings. When the connector is created, getTelnetPropertySet() at TelnetConnectorService.java tries to retrieve the settings. It can not. It use the defaults settings.

I revised that function at SshConnectorService.java. It works slightly different.

Telnet: the propertyset is created with the default values when the connector is created. It is never reloaded.

SSH: a propertyset is created with the default values when the connector is created. When a session is started, a new propertyset is read and now the actual settings are loaded. I am not able to find why this second time the function found the settings.

Best regards,
Jose
Re: RSE: Telnet terminal without password asks for login data [message #842628 is a reply to message #842469] Thu, 12 April 2012 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello

In the meanwhile, I decided to put the changed jar on the 4.1 environment. I put my values as default values

I went to Export and overwrite org.eclipse.rse.connectorservice.telnet_1.2.200.v201101042155.jar. Then I went to plugins directory from eclipse41 and ... Ooops. In the eclipse 4.1 plugins directory there are only three rse jar files. Nothing like the changed jar. Where are this files on 41?

How can I apply these changes to RSE on 4.1?

[Edit]
Solved: 4.1 has RSE jar on eclipse\dropins\plugins folder. I put ther the new jar and now can run my telnet terminal

Thank you

PD: I don´t know why the text is not visible Sad
PD2: now is visible

[Updated on: Thu, 12 April 2012 13:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RSE: Telnet terminal without password asks for login data [message #842630 is a reply to message #842469] Thu, 12 April 2012 13:28 Go to previous message
Delete this post, please. Sorry Sad

[Updated on: Thu, 12 April 2012 13:56]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Public API to use Terminal View programmatically with other plugin
Next Topic:Cursor blinking in RSE terminals
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:10:04 GMT 2024