Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » How to export / import NLS entries(Scout NLS)
How to export / import NLS entries [message #840587] Tue, 10 April 2012 09:14 Go to next message
Elias Kaiser is currently offline Elias KaiserFriend
Does anyone know what tool is used to export / import NLS entries in scout?

When I click the export or import icon in the translation.nls editor, a wizard pops up
saying: Choose a exporter to export the NLS entries.
But the list is empty. So my question is, what tool do I have to provide for this exporter/importer and how do I do this?

Thanks in advance.
Re: How to export / import NLS entries [message #840637 is a reply to message #840587] Tue, 10 April 2012 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
I did not know this feature. I assume you are using Eclipse Scout Indigo.

With Eclipse Juno, a lot of stuff has changed in the i18n support of Eclipse Scout (Scout RT and Scout SDK). I hope this empty export window does not appear any longer.

Nevertheless: What exactly do you want to achieve ?

NLS entries are stored in standard Java properties files (one file for each language). The files are stored in: shared/resources/texts

For example if you are interested in converting the NLS entries into an Excel File, you could try to use this i18n-binder ant task.
Re: How to export / import NLS entries [message #840662 is a reply to message #840587] Tue, 10 April 2012 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Villiger is currently offline Matthias VilligerFriend
Hi Elias,

The supported exporters are defined by the org.eclipse.scout.nls.sdk.nlsExporter extension point (defined in the org.eclipse.scout.nls.sdk plugin).
By default no exporters are shipped with the scout sdk.

But you can implement your own exporters by creating an extension for the extension point mentioned.
For this you have to choose a name and then extend the class org.eclipse.scout.nls.sdk.extension.AbstractImportExportWizard. Within the wizard you can access the NLS entries with e.g.:
getNlsProject().getAllEntries()

Hope this helps. If you have further questions on how to create your own exporters, please don't hesitate to ask!

Kind regards
Matthias
Re: How to export / import NLS entries [message #841378 is a reply to message #840587] Wed, 11 April 2012 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Claudio Guglielmo is currently offline Claudio GuglielmoFriend
Hi there!

It's great to have a extension point to provide a custom exporter. But in my opinion there should be a default one. That's why I opened this bug: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=376461

Best regards
Claudio
Re: How to export / import NLS entries [message #843689 is a reply to message #840587] Fri, 13 April 2012 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Claudio,

Yes, I totally agree. Thanks for creating the bug!

Matthias
Re: How to export / import NLS entries [message #1057779 is a reply to message #841378] Wed, 08 May 2013 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Elias,

The bug created by Claudio has been implemented.

So now you can install an NLS importer/exporter from the eclipse marketplace.

Alternatively you can also get it directly by installing "Scout SDK Docx4j Feature for Eclipse Scout" from http://tools.bsiag.com/marketplace/docx4j updatesite.

The importer/exporter can handle .xlsx files (OpenXML used by Microsoft Excel 2007 and newer) and works with scout sdk 3.9.0 M7 or newer.

Because of license issues we were unable to directly ship it with scout sdk but had to publish it externally in the marketplace. This may change in the future.

regards,
m
Re: How to export / import NLS entries [message #1058190 is a reply to message #1057779] Mon, 13 May 2013 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
I just had a look at the exporter and it seems to work well, but the behaviour of the entry field to enter the file name shows a little much "intelligence" when entering a filename. I was going to type "d:\test.xlsx" in the box which ended up as ":\test.xlsxd.xlsx" because it tries to auto-guess my filename and both moves the cursor position and adds the extension on its own as I type. If such completion is really necessary I would prefer it not to move around the cursor position as I type and to recognise if I type a part of a filename it has already added. Admittedly, this is a small issue, the exporter itself seems to work well.

Edit: I just realised it also does this with normal filenames, without any special characters like ":\", so typing "dummy" ends up as "ummyd" which is definitely not as it should be. I'll add a comment to the bug mentioned above.

[Updated on: Mon, 13 May 2013 07:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to export / import NLS entries [message #1058191 is a reply to message #1058190] Mon, 13 May 2013 07:30 Go to previous message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Thanks for your tests.
Previous Topic:Missing Oracle bundle with Maven Tycho
Next Topic:import cannot be resolved
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:31:31 GMT 2024