Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Table inside a Grid (pagination problem)
Table inside a Grid (pagination problem) [message #840510] Tue, 10 April 2012 07:10 Go to next message
Chris K is currently offline Chris KFriend
Hi all,

I've built a Grid with for example 20 x 15 cells, which exactly fits into a single page. Now I put a Table (or another Grid, doesn't matter) inside one Cell, which contains a lot of data.

When I run and render this design via API, I get the following result (see attachment), which is obviously wrong, because every two pages there is just a tiny piece of the Cell (therefore I painted it green, to show it's still the same Cell).

When I render the design via the BIRT Eclise Plugin instead, it shows the right solution in the "Preview"-Window and even when exporting it there to PDF.

Any suggestions? Am I missing some "CSS"-like Statements? I really don't know where the difference is.

Thanks for your help!
- Chris
  • Attachment: report.pdf
    (Size: 6.29KB, Downloaded 324 times)
Re: Table inside a Grid (pagination problem) [message #840869 is a reply to message #840510] Tue, 10 April 2012 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Chris

Can you post the design you used? What version of BIRT are you using?

Jason

On 4/10/2012 3:10 AM, Chris K wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've built a Grid with for example 20 x 15 cells, which exactly fits into a single page. Now I put a Table (or another Grid, doesn't matter) inside one Cell, which contains a lot of data.
>
> When I run and render this design via API, I get the following result (see attachment), which is obviously wrong, because every two pages there is just a tiny piece of the Cell (therefore I painted it green, to show it's still the same Cell).
>
> When I render the design via the BIRT Eclise Plugin instead, it shows the right solution in the "Preview"-Window and even when exporting it there to PDF.
>
> Any suggestions? Am I missing some "CSS"-like Statements? I really don't know where the difference is.
>
> Thanks for your help!
> - Chris
Re: Table inside a Grid (pagination problem) [message #842282 is a reply to message #840869] Thu, 12 April 2012 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jason,

I am using BIRT 3.7.2 and I am generating the reports via API. I uploaded the design now - it's just other content than in the PDF above, but it's still the same problem.

When I open the (generated) design in the BIRT-Eclipse-Plugin, everything looks ok. If I render the (generated) design through my application, I get the PDF above as a result. (I am using a seperated Run and Render Task)

Thanks for your help! Smile
Re: Table inside a Grid (pagination problem) [message #842766 is a reply to message #842282] Thu, 12 April 2012 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Chris,

If you preview with the webviewer and then export to pdf do you get the
same issue? I do. This is equivalent to using the api for separate run
and render tasks.

Jason

On 4/12/2012 2:38 AM, Chris K wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> I am using BIRT 3.7.2 and I am generating the reports via API. I uploaded the design now - it's just other content than in the PDF above, but it's still the same problem.
>
> When I open the (generated) design in the BIRT-Eclipse-Plugin, everything looks ok. If I render the (generated) design through my application, I get the PDF above as a result. (I am using a seperated Run and Render Task)
>
> Thanks for your help! :)
Re: Table inside a Grid (pagination problem) [message #842775 is a reply to message #842282] Thu, 12 April 2012 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Chris,

and render tasks.

Jason

> Hi Jason,
>
> I am using BIRT 3.7.2 and I am generating the reports via API. I uploaded the design now - it's just other content than in the PDF above, but it's still the same problem.
>
> When I open the (generated) design in the BIRT-Eclipse-Plugin, everything looks ok. If I render the (generated) design through my application, I get the PDF above as a result. (I am using a seperated Run and Render Task)
>
Re: Table inside a Grid (pagination problem) [message #842785 is a reply to message #842282] Thu, 12 April 2012 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Chris,

and render tasks.

Jason

> Hi Jason,
>
>
>
Re: Table inside a Grid (pagination problem) [message #842794 is a reply to message #842282] Thu, 12 April 2012 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Chris,

and render tasks.

Jason

> Hi Jason,
>
>
>
Re: Table inside a Grid (pagination problem) [message #843564 is a reply to message #842766] Fri, 13 April 2012 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason,

yes, I indeed get the same issue. So is the answer to use the combined IRunAndRenderTask? If yes, how should I do pagination in my reports anyway?

Thanks for your help!

Chris
Re: Table inside a Grid (pagination problem) [message #843991 is a reply to message #843564] Fri, 13 April 2012 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Chris,

I removed the pixel setting on the grid row and just set the height and
width for the whole grid and I get only three pages. I am not certain
this is what you want though. Take a look at the report.

Jason

On 4/13/2012 2:43 AM, Chris K wrote:
> Jason,
>
> yes, I indeed get the same issue. So is the answer to use the combined
> IRunAndRenderTask? If yes, how should I do pagination in my reports anyway?
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Chris
Re: Table inside a Grid (pagination problem) [message #846616 is a reply to message #843991] Mon, 16 April 2012 09:14 Go to previous message
Jason,

Thank you so much sir - that did the trick!
Indeed you even may remove the height-property.

Thanks for your time, I really appreciate this.
Previous Topic:Page break in DOC export
Next Topic:Report loses rich text formatting when exported to PDF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:45:02 GMT 2024