Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » How to create an eclipse 4 project that includes JDT and PDE ?
How to create an eclipse 4 project that includes JDT and PDE ? [message #840215] Mon, 09 April 2012 20:25 Go to next message
Cristiano Gavião is currently offline Cristiano GaviãoFriend
Hi,

I've already played with a RCP project created using in the "e4 Application Project" wizard.

But I couldn't figure out yet how could I create a sdk like RCP application where I must have my e4 plugins running together with JDT and PDE.

I've tried to just include both JDT and PDE features to the RCP's product configuration, but nothing seems to happen.

could someone clarify me, please?

regards

Cristiano
icon5.gif  Re: How to create an eclipse 4 project that includes JDT and PDE ? [message #840771 is a reply to message #840215] Tue, 10 April 2012 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cristiano Gavião is currently offline Cristiano GaviãoFriend
Reading some old threads here It seems that is not possible run a e4 rcp with jdt, unless I run rcp in a 3x compatibility mode.

So, could someone tell me if the Platform SDK have an .e4xmi model that could be extended by fragments ?

I mean can I create a fragment model project where I can contribute menu and parts to the Platform SDK ?

thanks

Cristiano
Re: How to create an eclipse 4 project that includes JDT and PDE ? [message #856475 is a reply to message #840771] Wed, 25 April 2012 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend
There are two e4xmi files: org.eclipse.ui.workbench and org.eclipse.platform. They are effectively the same, IIRC.
Re: How to create an eclipse 4 project that includes JDT and PDE ? [message #864920 is a reply to message #840771] Mon, 30 April 2012 06:28 Go to previous message
Fredrik Attebrant is currently offline Fredrik AttebrantFriend
"Reading some old threads here It seems that is not possible run a e4 rcp with jdt, unless I run rcp in a 3x compatibility mode"

Correct - anything that depends on org.eclipse.ui.workbench requires you to run in 3.x compatibility mode.
The org.eclipse.ui.workbench is re-implemented on top of 4.x to provide the "compatibility layer" and thus not available elsewhere.
Previous Topic:"this" keyword equivalent for XWT databinding
Next Topic:Declarative Services in an RCP e4 Application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:16:34 GMT 2024