Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Acceleo] Nothing is generated
[Acceleo] Nothing is generated [message #840109] Mon, 09 April 2012 17:10 Go to next message
Michaël Melchiore is currently offline Michaël MelchioreFriend
Hi,

I am using Acceleo nightly build 3.2.1.v20120402-0438.

I am programatically invoking Acceleo generation through the generated Java classes. But, there are no file generated.

I have tried the following tricks with no success:

• Personalizing the registerPackages method
  • Registering packages with the org.eclipse.emf.ecore.generated_package extension point
  • Setting all Acceleo projects to XMI serialization
  • Toying with Acceleo projects dependecies

My problem is that Acceleo fails silently and debugging through its code did not help me pinpointing the problem.

Can someone tell me where to search next ?
Re: [Acceleo] Nothing is generated [message #843188 is a reply to message #840109] Thu, 12 April 2012 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unluckily, you guys replied in the topic I had reported as a duplicate. If needed, I can repost your answers here from the email notifications I received.

I imported the two "UML to Java" example plug-ins in my workspace and launched an Eclipse debug application from there. Then I pasted the the uml and umlclass files into a newly created project and tried to trigger Acceleo generation from the popup menu. I get a message window saying "The chosen operation is currently unavailable" along with the following logs :

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2012-04-12 22:51:27.978
!MESSAGE The activator org.eclipse.acceleo.module.example.uml2java.helios.ui.Activator for bundle org.eclipse.acceleo.module.example.uml2java.helios.ui is invalid
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator org.eclipse.acceleo.module.example.uml2java.helios.ui.Activator for bundle org.eclipse.acceleo.module.example.uml2java.helios.ui is invalid
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:156)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:751)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:370)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:284)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:417)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:265)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:239)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1197)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:174)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:904)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin$1.run(WorkbenchPlugin.java:267)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.createExtension(WorkbenchPlugin.java:263)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.createDelegate(PluginAction.java:122)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:223)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1258)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3540)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3161)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2640)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:115)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:620)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1384)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.acceleo.module.example.uml2java.helios.ui.Activator
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:506)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:422)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:338)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:232)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:149)
	... 44 more
Root exception:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.acceleo.module.example.uml2java.helios.ui.Activator
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:506)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:422)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:338)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:232)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:149)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:751)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:370)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:284)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:417)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:265)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:239)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1197)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:174)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:904)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.createExtension(WorkbenchPlugin.java:263)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:115)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2012-04-12 22:51:27.991
!MESSAGE Could not create action delegate for id: org.eclipse.acceleo.module.example.uml2java.helios.ui.popupMenus.acceleoGenerateUmlToJavaAction

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.registry 4 1 2012-04-12 22:51:27.995
!MESSAGE Plug-in org.eclipse.acceleo.module.example.uml2java.helios.ui was unable to load class org.eclipse.acceleo.module.example.uml2java.helios.ui.popupMenus.AcceleoGenerateExampleUml2javaAction.
!STACK 0
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.acceleo.module.example.uml2java.helios.ui.popupMenus.AcceleoGenerateExampleUml2javaAction

A bit of background informations about my problem.

I am working on a medium sized framework that uses Acceleo 2 as a code generation back-end. To that purpose, several dedicated metamodels plug-ins have been defined in the workspace.
As the framework is about to greatly evolve, I am investigating Acceleo 3 to solve the few issues I have with our current templates extendibility. If successful, my ultimate goal is to convince my colleagues to also switch to Acceleo 3. I use the latest nightly build because I had the "SWT null argument" bug.

I am not allowed to provide you with code snippets. I did try to reproduce the bug on a small project but, with no success.

[Updated on: Thu, 12 April 2012 21:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Acceleo] Nothing is generated [message #843665 is a reply to message #843188] Fri, 13 April 2012 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

Those ClassNotFound issues seem odd, it seems that OSGI does not detect the classes in the project. Could you relaunch your Eclipse and clean the project to force the recompilation (sometime when we unzip the example in the workspace, Eclipse does not seems to pick things up correctly). Or you could try to launch the generator directly from the workspace.

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau & @acceleo
Google+: stephane.begaudeau & acceleo
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com
Acceleo Documentation: http://docs.obeonetwork.com/acceleo
Re: [Acceleo] Nothing is generated [message #844784 is a reply to message #843665] Sat, 14 April 2012 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Following your advice, I cleaned the debug workspace metadata by checking Configuration > "Clear the configuration area beafore launching" in the debug launch configuration. Now the UML2Java example works.

I guess that the problem does lie in my Acceleo modules. Where should I investigate next ? As said in my first post, Acceleo fails silently...

Michaël
Re: [Acceleo] Nothing is generated [message #845943 is a reply to message #844784] Sun, 15 April 2012 15:34 Go to previous message
At last, I found my mistake. It turns out that I was looking in the wrong place the entire time Surprised

The targetFolder argument of the template constructor is an instance of java.io.File and not its eclipse-flavoured counterpart IFile. This means that all file generation occured relative to eclipse working directory, not the current workspace. So my files were created where I was not expecting them. This also explains why Acceleo remained silent : the generation was taking place normally.

Now, if the setting does not exist yet, I think Acceleo should really be able to advertise where it is generating files. This could be achieve through low priority log messages that would be deactivated by default.

Cheers,

Michaël
Previous Topic:[Acceleo] Class not found in invoke()
Next Topic:[XPAND] Ecore to Text with XPand
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:09:34 GMT 2024