Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » The relationship between EditParts and DiagramGlobalActionHandler?
The relationship between EditParts and DiagramGlobalActionHandler? [message #839813] Mon, 09 April 2012 08:33 Go to next message
Arto Jarvinen is currently offline Arto JarvinenFriend
I have successfully implemented my own variety of copy-paste in my GMF-based editor thanks to an excellent blog post by "esalagea". I'm now trying to add my behavior also to the Delete command(s) and have got a little lost. I guess I have to leave the cook-book and try to understand what's under the hood. I understand it is the EditPart that is supposed to provide the command to change the model(s). How is this responsibility passed from the EditPart to the DiagramGlobalActionHandler and where is it done? I've tried to trace the calls from the EditParts but so far been unsuccessful (there are many EditParts on many levels of inheritance). Could somebody point me at an explanation of this please? Thanks in advance!
-Arto

Re: The relationship between EditParts and DiagramGlobalActionHandler? [message #853238 is a reply to message #839813] Sun, 22 April 2012 21:36 Go to previous message
Arto Jarvinen is currently offline Arto JarvinenFriend
I'm leaning toward the conclusion that "global actions" and "semantic commands" are different animals alltogether and managed in entirely different ways. "Global actions" never seem to be be touched by an EditPart or an EditPolicy at all. (Am I right?) -A

Previous Topic:how to use connection to express parent-child relationship in GMF
Next Topic:drag and drop with link and attributes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:36:47 GMT 2024