Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Existing SQL files moved to the project's sql directory (Existing SQL files moved to the project's sql directory when I create a maven project)
Existing SQL files moved to the project's sql directory [message #836841] Thu, 05 April 2012 00:46 Go to next message
Tony Missing name is currently offline Tony Missing nameFriend
Hi all,

I have recently moved to a Mac from PC in regards to development. In PC I never had this issue.

I am running Lion OS X 10.7.3. Indigo Eclipse with subeclipse, M2E (Maven Integration for Eclipse).

The issue:

I use subeclipse to check out the java source as a generic project in eclipse. Then I use the import command to import an existing maven project. This is all and well in a PC environment. However, on my I have found mac sql files to be moved out of their existing directories into $project/sql. We use dbmaintain to run these during our mvn build, so having these files restructured cannot work.

Now does anybody have this issue, know of or know how to turn this off? It's beyond annoying because it messes up my project structure.

Thanks in advance.

-Tony
Re: Existing SQL files moved to the project's sql directory [message #854388 is a reply to message #836841] Mon, 23 April 2012 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*bump* anyone have this issue?
Re: Existing SQL files moved to the project's sql directory [message #864408 is a reply to message #854388] Mon, 30 April 2012 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually turns out it wasn't m2e. The toad plugin was doing this.
Re: Existing SQL files moved to the project's sql directory [message #1000406 is a reply to message #864408] Mon, 14 January 2013 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephen Judd is currently offline Stephen JuddFriend
I am also seeing this when importing a Git project from within the Git Browsing perspective. The act of Import Project moves the *.sql files under an SQL folder within the project. Git the assumes that these have been moved.
Re: Existing SQL files moved to the project's sql directory [message #1000409 is a reply to message #864408] Mon, 14 January 2013 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephen Judd is currently offline Stephen JuddFriend
I can confirm that it is the TOAD plug-in. I had forgotten that it was installed. After removing the TOAD plugi=in & re-importing the Git project, it no longer moves the *.sql files under an SQL directory.
Re: Existing SQL files moved to the project's sql directory [message #1265522 is a reply to message #1000409] Thu, 06 March 2014 07:58 Go to previous message
Alain Pannetier is currently offline Alain PannetierFriend
Same thing here - All my maven distro were suddenly sc***ed up. Toad plugin have this bug since 2011. And claim it's fixed. Keep away.
Previous Topic:Eclipse use question
Next Topic:Using the "Open Type" feature
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 16:36:06 GMT 2024