Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Is it possible to specify resource filters for the entire workspace (not just individual projects)?
Is it possible to specify resource filters for the entire workspace (not just individual projects)? [message #836674] Wed, 04 April 2012 19:32 Go to next message
Ben Johnson is currently offline Ben JohnsonFriend
Every time I create a new project, I end-up having to define dozens of resource filters, because it seems as though resource filters cannot be created for an entire workspace.

I find this particularly annoying, given that:

a) there is no means by which to copy existing resource filters from one project to another (no less from one workspace to another), either directly or via some kind of Export/Import function; and

b) certain features of a given workspace (namely, PHP code hyperlink detection and code completion) appear not to be compatible across major versions of Eclipse (prevented from linking to thread due to post-count), so I have to recreate these resource filters every time I upgrade to a new major version.

As a related aside, the .project file that is created automatically for each project seems to be immune to any type of resource filter, which seems unnecessary.

Thank you for any insight, and please forgive me if I have overlooked anything obvious.

[Updated on: Wed, 04 April 2012 19:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Is it possible to specify resource filters for the entire workspace (not just individual project [message #837045 is a reply to message #836674] Thu, 05 April 2012 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
Resource Filters is a feature of Eclipse Platform, so your question should be asked in Eclipse Community Forums: Eclipse Platform.
Re: Is it possible to specify resource filters for the entire workspace (not just individual project [message #995027 is a reply to message #837045] Fri, 28 December 2012 22:45 Go to previous message
Jared Camarata is currently offline Jared CamarataFriend
Ben, Did you ever find anything?
Perhaps this would make a great eclipse plugin.
Previous Topic:where is it?
Next Topic:Cannot install PDT as plugin in Eclipse Classic 4.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:56:51 GMT 2024