Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Controlling line breaks in Multiline labels
Controlling line breaks in Multiline labels [message #835896] Tue, 03 April 2012 20:32 Go to next message
Josef Pohl is currently offline Josef PohlFriend
Hi there,
In my continuing series of questions that may be better asked elsewhere...

Is there anyway to control (automatically) where a line break occurs in a multi line label text box. The issue I am having (and it is more and aesthetic issue) is that
a line such as
"The control variable in m_aileron_m1p1" will end up, possibly looking like:
"The control
variable in m_ail
eron_m1p1"

is a text box (auto-sized based on length of the text. I would prefer it to break on the _ if at all possible.

Thanks in advance for all your thoughts on the matter,
Joe
Re: Controlling line breaks in Multiline labels [message #875580 is a reply to message #835896] Wed, 23 May 2012 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Fletcher is currently offline Thomas FletcherFriend
Taking a quick look at the MultiLineLabel class it looks like the work is being done by a TextFlow() object that you can't access since it is a private object and even if you could it doesn't readily provide subclassing access to allow the line break control that you are looking for.

Looks like you would have to roll your own solution to get custom line break behaviour.

Thomas
Re: Controlling line breaks in Multiline labels [message #875913 is a reply to message #875580] Wed, 23 May 2012 14:45 Go to previous message
Josef Pohl is currently offline Josef PohlFriend
Thanks Thomas.

Sorry about my rather poorly worded post but thank you for overlooking that. I will investigate how to build my own.

Thanks,
Joe
Previous Topic:ZEST - How to recreate DotGraph Tree on event
Next Topic:Vertical Labels
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:45:26 GMT 2024