Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » [solved] Call Hierarchy opens uneditable version, instead of editable(Even if it's inside the same class)
[solved] Call Hierarchy opens uneditable version, instead of editable [message #835128] Mon, 02 April 2012 20:49 Go to next message
Alex Dreadd is currently offline Alex DreaddFriend
I have this one project that most of the time when I try to open a reference to some class that's still inside the project (e.g. ctrl+click on the class name, or double click one of the methods in the Call Hierarchy), it opens an uneditable version of the class. It even happens if I'm just trying to open a reference to a method inside the same editable class.

I've got a video capturing the problem, but I'm not allowed to share links, since I don't have more than 25 posts. You can splice it together from this:

youtu.be/L-qjz8wZ-98

How do I get it to open the editable version instead?

[Updated on: Tue, 03 April 2012 07:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Call Hierarchy opens uneditable version, instead of editable [message #835145 is a reply to message #835128] Mon, 02 April 2012 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Check to see if the classes you are having a problem with are in a jar file that is on your build path ahead of the source folder. The class file in the jar would be found first in this case and could open the non editable version.
Re: Call Hierarchy opens uneditable version, instead of editable [message #835234 is a reply to message #835145] Tue, 03 April 2012 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It looks like we're on the right path.

I have a jar, /LateralGM/lgm16b4.jar which is a build of the project, and it does seem to be grabbing the class files from in there.

However, I didn't specify to include this jar in the build path anywhere. You can see in the image/file that I provide with this post.

So I guess we either need to inform it that the jar's source is /LateralGM, or else tell it to stop using the Jar. I'm not sure how to do this.
Re: Call Hierarchy opens uneditable version, instead of editable [message #835411 is a reply to message #835234] Tue, 03 April 2012 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, deleting that jar did not seem to have any effect. It still links references to an uneditable .class file.
Re: Call Hierarchy opens uneditable version, instead of editable [message #835425 is a reply to message #835411] Tue, 03 April 2012 07:33 Go to previous message
Lol, figures. I seem to have fixed it after playing around a bit more.
As I said, I deleted the jar (no luck). I rebuilt the project in the workspace (still no luck). I closed the project, and re-opened it, and the problem was gone. I rebuilt the jar, and then closed and re-opened the project, and the problem was still gone.
Weird.
Maybe closing and re-opening the project fixed it. Maybe it was just a fluke. Whatever the case, it's gone, so I'm happy.

Thanks for your help/concern.

Solved (hopefully permanently).
Previous Topic:how to change xml dynamically in java
Next Topic:Get method calls of IMethod through eclipse CallHierarchy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:57:43 GMT 2024