Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EPF » New Proposal: A plug-in for Service-Oriented Development Processes
New Proposal: A plug-in for Service-Oriented Development Processes [message #835107] Mon, 02 April 2012 20:11 Go to next message
Mahdi Fahmideh is currently offline Mahdi FahmidehFriend
I and my colleagues have conducted a research project in which a set of patterns (best practices) have been defined in order to develop service-oriented systems. Particularly, our proposed patterns are in the form of SPEM 2.0 meta-model, including method contents, roles, work products. Additionally, the patterns have been meticulously extracted from prominent service-oriented methodologies such IBM SOMA, SUN RQ, IBM RUP for SOA, Erl's methodology and so on through a systematic approach. They clearly and completely distill knowledge of construction service-oriented processes, developing service-oriented systems. In practice, it is similar to Scrum, XP or OPEN/UP plug-ins which are globally available and downloadable from eclipse.org/epf page. From practitioner point of view, the suggested patterns can aid software development organizations, specifically process engineers and project managers to utilize proposed set for authoring their own process based on project characteristics at hand.

Now, specifically, I have two questions:
Firstly, who are responsible in order to evaluate our plug-in and if it is acceptable make it on-line?

Secondly, how can we publish our process patterns into epfc web-site so that it became available, as plug-in, for organizations and get feedback from practitioners?

Meanwhile, we appreciate if other Eclipse community members can help us to complete and continuous improvement the plug-in during the maintenance time.

Regards,
Re: New Proposal: A plug-in for Service-Oriented Development Processes [message #1014918 is a reply to message #835107] Tue, 26 February 2013 18:52 Go to previous message
J.D. Baker is currently offline J.D. BakerFriend
Did you ever receive a reply to your question? I am very interested in a SOA development processes in EPF and would love to receive a copy of the plug-in or SPEM model you and your team have developed.
Previous Topic:EPF RichText KeyPressed event
Next Topic:[Doubt] - Sql Server Integration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:38:05 GMT 2024