Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Unable to find Library ( .libd ) file Error
Unable to find Library ( .libd ) file Error [message #835023] Mon, 02 April 2012 17:48 Go to next message
Obiwan Kenobi is currently offline Obiwan KenobiFriend
Hi,

I am running virgo tomcat server 3.0.1 version.I have deployed bundle which has manifest header for Import-Library given below,and it got deployed properly.

Import-Library: org.springframework.spring;version="[3.0.5.RELEASE,3.0
.5.RELEASE]"

my libd file is present in the virgo/repository/ext.

When i deleted the work folder in virgo all together,restarted the server,and then tried to deploy the same bundle,I got the following error

Caused by: org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.osgi.framework.UnableToSatisfyBundleDependenciesException: Unable to satisfy dependencies of bundle 'hello-world' at version '1.0.0': A library with the name 'org.springframework.spring' and a version within the range '[3.0.5.RELEASE, 3.0.5.RELEASE]' could not be found
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.userregion.internal.importexpansion.ImportExpansionHandler.createExceptionForMissingLibrary(ImportExpansionHandler.java:184)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.userregion.internal.importexpansion.ImportExpansionHandler.getLibraryPackageImports(ImportExpansionHandler.java:451).

My LIBD file is present in the same location as it was (virgo/repository/ext).

I am puzzled by seeing this error.If I use Import-Bundle directly instead of library it worked properly.

Why Virgo is not able to read the .libd file present in the location.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Regards
OK
Re: Unable to find Library ( .libd ) file Error [message #835412 is a reply to message #835023] Tue, 03 April 2012 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Did you try starting Virgo with the -clean switch?
Re: Unable to find Library ( .libd ) file Error [message #836250 is a reply to message #835412] Wed, 04 April 2012 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Obiwan Kenobi is currently offline Obiwan KenobiFriend
Hi Glyn,

Thanks for your respose.I am still facing this issue even after using -clean to start the virgo.

Error log

[2012-04-03 16:35:29.152] fs-watcher <HD0001I> Hot deployer processing 'INITIAL' event for file 'datasource-1.0.0-20120330.114422-3.jar'.

[2012-04-03 16:35:29.175] fs-watcher <DE0000I> Installing bundle 'datasource' version '1.0.0.SNAPSHOT'.

[2012-04-03 16:35:29.186] fs-watcher <DE0002E> Installation of bundle 'datasource' version '1.0.0.SNAPSHOT' failed. org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.DeploymentException: Unsatisfied dependency detected when expanding imports for [bundle 'datasource' version '1.0.0.SNAPSHOT' in scope 'null']

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.ImportExpandingTransformer.expandImports(ImportExpandingTransformer.java:116)

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.ImportExpandingTransformer$ImportExpandingTreeVisitor.visit(ImportExpandingTransformer.java:80)

at org.eclipse.virgo.util.common.ThreadSafeArrayListTree.visit(ThreadSafeArrayListTree.java:165)

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.ImportExpandingTransformer.transform(ImportExpandingTransformer.java:58)

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.stage.transform.internal.TransformationStage.doProcessTree(TransformationStage.java:55)

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.stage.AbstractPipelineStage.process(AbstractPipelineStage.java:41)

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.internal.StandardPipeline.doProcessTree(StandardPipeline.java:62)

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.internal.CompensatingPipeline.doProcessTree(CompensatingPipeline.java:72)

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.stage.AbstractPipelineStage.process(AbstractPipelineStage.java:41)

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.internal.StandardPipeline.doProcessTree(StandardPipeline.java:62)

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.driveInstallPipeline(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:285)

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.doInstall(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:164)

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.install(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:136)

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.deploy(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:203)

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.hot.HotDeploymentFileSystemListener.deploy(HotDeploymentFileSystemListener.java:174)

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.hot.HotDeploymentFileSystemListener.deployIfNotDeployed(HotDeploymentFileSystemListener.java:186)

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.hot.HotDeploymentFileSystemListener.onChange(HotDeploymentFileSystemListener.java:87)

at org.eclipse.virgo.util.io.FileSystemChecker.notifyListeners(FileSystemChecker.java:245)

at org.eclipse.virgo.util.io.FileSystemChecker.check(FileSystemChecker.java:166)

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.hot.WatchTask.run(WatchTask.java:58)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Caused by: org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.osgi.framework.UnableToSatisfyBundleDependenciesException: Unable to satisfy dependencies of bundle 'datasource' at version '1.0.0.SNAPSHOT': A library with the name 'org.springframework.spring' and a version within the range '[3.0.5.RELEASE, 3.0.5.RELEASE]' could not be found

at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.userregion.internal.importexpansion.ImportExpansionHandler.createExceptionForMissingLibrary(ImportExpansionHandler.java:184)

Regards
Re: Unable to find Library ( .libd ) file Error [message #836305 is a reply to message #836250] Wed, 04 April 2012 10:28 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
This is strange and unexpected. I presume you can re-create this problem when starting Virgo from the command line with the -clean switch (rather than starting Virgo in Eclipse)? If so, I wonder if you could try to recreate the issue with a fresh install of Virgo and a trivial bundle which simply imports the Spring library. If the problem re-creates, you could then raise a bug which we could look at.

I was intrigued, so I tried to re-create the problem. I unzipped and started VTS 3.0.1.RELEASE, deployed a test bundle containing only the following manifest, stopped Virgo, deleted the work directory, and then re-started Virgo. The test bundle was successfully deployed, as expected. Perhaps you have modified the repository configuration?

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-SymbolicName: test.spring.library
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Import-Library: org.springframework.spring;version="[3.0.5.RELEASE,3.0.5.RELEASE]"
Previous Topic:Why is there a uses conflict without disjoint ranges?
Next Topic:CME Group Experience of Virgo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:47:47 GMT 2024