Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Some questions of LDT on MacOSX
Some questions of LDT on MacOSX [message #833930] Sun, 01 April 2012 05:56 Go to next message
xu cao is currently offline xu caoFriend
Hi,

I am a new user of LDT and have some questions for it.

I've installed LDT on eclipse 3.7 and the OS is MacOSX, I found the feature Code Assistance didn't work for me. The message "No completions available" will be given if I want to trigger this feature even on some system module like io.

And there is a bug of Error Markers and Variable Highlighting. If the lua source file contains some non-ascii characters like Chinese as below, the Error Markers and Variable Highlighting will appear in wrong position. I guess it is because that the scanner gets wrong length of tokens' length of Chinese strings.

-- 联动相关方法
--visible、invisible、enable、disable在checkbox不选择中时要执行相反功能。而radio/select则不需要,他们只需执行新选择的radio/option对应的功能;
--参数长度任意,每个参数为控件的name,参数之间用逗号分隔,如RYTVisiable("",userName,password),当多个控件有相同的name时同等处理;
--调用此方法后,请调用screen:reflash();
--第一个参数为引起控件本身的name值,checkbox必需填值,其它控件可选,也可传空值("")。
function RYTL:visiable(name, ...)
	for i, v in ipairs(arg) do
		local vars = document:getElementsByProperty{name=v; -- '}' expected
		for j, c in ipairs(vars) do
            if self:needDoReverse(name) == true then
                c:setStyleByName("display", "none");
			else
				c:setStyleByName("display", "block");
			end
		end
	end
end

Finally, I want to build LDT from source code but I get the following error when I run 'mvn package' on the project that I downloaded from github.

localhost:koneki.ldt apple$ mvn package
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO] Error building POM (may not be this project's POM).

Project ID: org.eclipse.koneki.ldt:aggregator

Reason: Cannot find layout implementation corresponding to: 'p2' for remote repository with id: 'eclipse'. for project org.eclipse.koneki.ldt:aggregator

[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Cannot find layout implementation corresponding to: 'p2' for remote repository with id: 'eclipse'. for project org.eclipse.koneki.ldt:aggregator
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:404)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:272)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)
	at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:362)

Is there a tutorial that introduces how to hack, build, test and contribute? Any help will be appreciate.
Re: Some questions of LDT on MacOSX [message #833933 is a reply to message #833930] Sun, 01 April 2012 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for the repeated commits, please delete them
Re: Some questions of LDT on MacOSX [message #834218 is a reply to message #833933] Sun, 01 April 2012 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

Hi,

in order to build LDT from source you need Maven 3. I am pretty much sure the error message you got is because you're running Maven 2.
Unfortunately there's no decent "Contributor guide" yet... I have initiated this wiki page though ; please feel free to add anything you think would be useful to newcomers!

Regarding the markers and variable highlighting being messed up, this seems to be related to non-ASCII characters indeed.
If you'd be willing to have a look at the bug, we could definitely give you some hints to help you look in the right place!
Could you please open a bug so as we can track the problem?

Thanks!

icon14.gif  Re: Some questions of LDT on MacOSX [message #839852 is a reply to message #834218] Mon, 09 April 2012 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks.

After installed maven3, I can build the project now. And I've created a ticket that refers to the bug: id=376304

Hoping you could help to fix it.
Re: Some questions of LDT on MacOSX [message #842324 is a reply to message #834218] Thu, 12 April 2012 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Could you please give me some hints about how you implement the feature Error Markers and which part of the source code should I look at to fix the bug?

Thanks
Re: Some questions of LDT on MacOSX [message #846639 is a reply to message #842324] Mon, 16 April 2012 13:18 Go to previous message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

Hi,

There is a tentative fix in the bug/376304 branch on github (https://github.com/SierraWireless/org.eclipse.koneki.ldt/tree/bug/376304)

Can you please give it a try and see whether it works fine for you? Using your code snippet and an UTF-8 encoding it seems to work fine on my machine...

Cheers
Benjamin.

Previous Topic:Bad request 400 error
Next Topic:Error when saving files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:11:56 GMT 2024