Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » How to change row layout structure based on radio button in Eclipse SWT(How to change row layout structure based on radio button in Eclipse SWT)
How to change row layout structure based on radio button in Eclipse SWT [message #833648] Sat, 31 March 2012 20:51 Go to next message
Subhadeep Bose is currently offline Subhadeep BoseFriend
I want to show two text boxes based on selection of a radio button using SWT Widget. However, when I will select another radio button, the previous textboxes should be hidden and a dropdown should be displayed. I am able to achieve the functionality using setVisibility(true) and false. The main problem here is that when the textboxes are not displayed, the space for them is getting consumed and the dropdown is coming below that based on selection of 2nd radio button . I don't want to waste that much space and want the layouts to overlap and consume a common space allotted to them since both can't be used at the same time.
Re: How to change row layout structure based on radio button in Eclipse SWT [message #834122 is a reply to message #833648] Sun, 01 April 2012 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christoph Keimel is currently offline Christoph KeimelFriend
Place the text-input and the combobox on parent Composite using FillLayout.
Re: How to change row layout structure based on radio button in Eclipse SWT [message #836488 is a reply to message #833648] Wed, 04 April 2012 14:39 Go to previous message
Grant Gayed is currently offline Grant GayedFriend
Here are a couple of example snippets to look at:

-
http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.swt.git/tree/examples/org.eclipse.swt.snippets/src/org/eclipse/swt/snippets/Snippet98.java
-
http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.swt.git/tree/examples/org.eclipse.swt.snippets/src/org/eclipse/swt/snippets/Snippet249.java

Grant

On 3/31/2012 4:51 PM, Subhadeep Bose wrote:
> I want to show two text boxes based on selection of a radio button using
> SWT Widget. However, when I will select another radio button, the
> previous textboxes should be hidden and a dropdown should be displayed.
> I am able to achieve the functionality using setVisibility(true) and
> false. The main problem here is that when the textboxes are not
> displayed, the space for them is getting consumed and the dropdown is
> coming below that based on selection of 2nd radio button . I don't want
> to waste that much space and want the layouts to overlap and consume a
> common space allotted to them since both can't be used at the same time.
Previous Topic:select collapsed item in TreeView
Next Topic:How to select all files of a particular type in the included jar using Eclipse SWT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 11:52:11 GMT 2024