Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Eclipse crash on startup
Eclipse crash on startup [message #833596] Sat, 31 March 2012 19:06 Go to next message
Cameron Alley is currently offline Cameron AlleyFriend
I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum for this but i've posted twice and I have yet to get a response.

I have Eclipse installed on my similar Mac OSX Macbook, and everything works wonderful. I have just tried installing it on my Desktop (more space to code!) and it just will not run. I did do the eclipse.ini thing proposed in the sticky, and I do not have WideCap installed on my computer, nor any other proxy thing. The only things that really stand out to make my system unique is the use of CrystalBlack and I currently have dual monitors.

Okay, the error. After deleting eclipse, deleting the workspace, trying both 32 and 64 bit, changing .ini, yada yada, I still get this error...

The Eclipse logo in the rectangle box pops up, and then about 2 seconds in, I get a dialog box that pops up saying:
"""
An error has occurred.

See the log file /Users/USERNAME/Applications/eclipse/configuration/1333076732984.log.
"""

The log is attatched.

Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this?
Re: Eclipse crash on startup [message #836442 is a reply to message #833596] Wed, 04 April 2012 13:41 Go to previous message
Grant Gayed is currently offline Grant GayedFriend
Hi,

Your trace looks quite similar to the one in
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=342488 , though your
context is different. If you're using Eclipse 3.6.2 or earlier then
this may become fixed for you by upgrading to a newer release such as 3.7.2.

If this does not help then please log a report with SWT at
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Platform&component=SWT .

Grant

On 3/31/2012 3:06 PM, Cameron Alley wrote:
> I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum for this but i've posted twice and I have yet to get a response.
>
> I have Eclipse installed on my similar Mac OSX Macbook, and everything works wonderful. I have just tried installing it on my Desktop (more space to code!) and it just will not run. I did do the eclipse.ini thing proposed in the sticky, and I do not have WideCap installed on my computer, nor any other proxy thing. The only things that really stand out to make my system unique is the use of CrystalBlack and I currently have dual monitors.
>
> Okay, the error. After deleting eclipse, deleting the workspace, trying both 32 and 64 bit, changing .ini, yada yada, I still get this error...
>
> The Eclipse logo in the rectangle box pops up, and then about 2 seconds in, I get a dialog box that pops up saying:
> """
> An error has occurred.
>
> See the log file /Users/USERNAME/Applications/eclipse/configuration/1333076732984.log.
> """
>
> The log is attatched.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this?
Previous Topic:propertyTester for perspective in visibleWhen expression
Next Topic:How to remove a previously added decorator on a resource
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 18:01:22 GMT 2024