Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » navigator view not tracking the selected file(navigator view not tracking the selected file)
navigator view not tracking the selected file [message #833064] Fri, 30 March 2012 23:09 Go to next message
meena selvam is currently offline meena selvamFriend
If I select a file using Ctrl-Shift-R, the file opens, but in the navigator view the correct file is not navigated. In a different install of same eclipse version, the navigator view highlights the file under the folder in the hiearchial tree, so that I will know the folder where the file is in, and it is easier to go to another file in the same folder or a parent folder. Basically eclipse automatically expands the tree where the selected file is in.

Now I have to manually open each subfolder and select a file, click to see it displayed. Any inputs appreciated related to fixing this
Re: navigator view not tracking the selected file [message #835146 is a reply to message #833064] Mon, 02 April 2012 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Sounds like you have Link with Editor selected in one install and not in the other. Linked with Editor is a double arrow in the toolbar of the Package Explorer. It always selects the active editor file with its entry in the Package Explorer. The double arrow toggles the action.
Re: navigator view not tracking the selected file [message #835792 is a reply to message #835146] Tue, 03 April 2012 17:19 Go to previous message
meena selvam is currently offline meena selvamFriend
Thank you David. it works.
Previous Topic:Why this complaint in web.xml.. no issues building. no error in IDEA
Next Topic:Can someone help me?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:53:57 GMT 2024