Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Problems with BUILD(I made a Java project that RUNs, but BUILD does not make a .jar file)
Problems with BUILD [message #832768] Fri, 30 March 2012 15:05 Go to next message
Dave Wilmsmeyer is currently offline Dave WilmsmeyerFriend
Hi, I am a noob to Eclipse, so this is my first post here.

I have installed Eclipse Indigo 3.7.2 using the eclipse-jee-indigo-SR2-win32-x86_64 zip package (twice now) and I still have the same behavior, so I must be doing something wrong, but I am not seeing any errors. By the way, I am using 64bit Windows7.

I have created a Java project, which runs just fine, but when I try to build it, Eclipse never builds a .jar file. And it never gives me any errors, so I have no idea what is going on.

I have checked the build settings in Eclipse and I have even changed the build target. And, each time I initiate a build, I see a pop-up window (with a progress bar that goes about 1/3 of the way) for 1 second, and then the pop-up closes. Then I get no error messages in the console or in the markers. And, in the target directory for build I see that new class files get built, but no .jar file ??

Thanks for your time.
Re: Problems with BUILD [message #832851 is a reply to message #832768] Fri, 30 March 2012 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Eclipse won't build a jar file automatically. You have to export your classes as a jar file to create the jar.
Re: Problems with BUILD [message #832875 is a reply to message #832851] Fri, 30 March 2012 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, thanks David...going through the tutorials now....and sorry that I did not read that first.
Re: Problems with BUILD [message #834302 is a reply to message #832875] Sun, 01 April 2012 19:08 Go to previous message
Now, that I have taken the time to actually read and learn how to use Eclipse, everything is working great.

Sorry for the stupid question.
Previous Topic:Indigo update site "Pending..." forever and "Failed to read repository"
Next Topic:suggestion needed for best way to load a class from many projects in the workspace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:54:23 GMT 2024