Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JavaServer Faces » Error while trying to create JavaServer Faces project
Error while trying to create JavaServer Faces project [message #832212] Thu, 29 March 2012 22:49 Go to next message
Alex Averbuch is currently offline Alex AverbuchFriend
Hi,
FYI, I also posted this in the "Web Tools Project (WTP)" forum, as I wasn't sure which one to place the issue in.

I'm currently learning how to develop JavaServer Faces web applications, using Eclipse. To do so I'm following a tutorial (as I've posted less than 25 comments, I can't share the link to the tutorial in this thread).

However, Eclipse gives me an error when I try to create a JavaServer Faces project.
Any/all help in resolving this is greatly appreciated!

Here's what I did:

(1) File->New->Dynamic Web Project

(2) On "Dynamic Web Project" page
Project name: "JSFProject"
Configuration: JavaServer Faces V2.0 Project
<press> Next

(3) On "Java" page
<press> Next

(4) On "Web Module" page
<select> "Generate web.xml deployment descriptor"
<press> Next

(5) On "JSF Capabilities" page
Because this is the first time I'm creating a JSF project, I need to install/download a JSF implementation.
<press> "Download library..."

(6) After pressing the "Download library..." button I get this error:

Unhandled event loop exception
No more handles [MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME='/usr/lib64/xulrunner-addons'] (java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load SWT library. Reasons:
Can't load /opt/eclipse/eclipse_v3.6.2/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/151/1/.cp/libswt-mozilla-gtk-3659.so
no swt-mozilla-gtk in java.library.path
Can't load library: /tmp/swtlib-64/libswt-mozilla-gtk-3659.so
Can't load library: /tmp/swtlib-64/libswt-mozilla-gtk.so
)

Any ideas?

Regards,
Alex
Re: Error while trying to create JavaServer Faces project [message #832221 is a reply to message #832212] Thu, 29 March 2012 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian Trimble is currently offline Ian TrimbleFriend
I'm no Linux expert, but it looks like an environmental/install issue; SWT is failing to load a library that it requires to perform web-related work. Make sure you're not mixing 32- and 64-bit OS/JDK/Eclipse. I'd also post to a platform forum (or specifically SWT, if there is one).

- Ian
Re: Error while trying to create JavaServer Faces project [message #832528 is a reply to message #832221] Fri, 30 March 2012 08:45 Go to previous message
Alex Averbuch is currently offline Alex AverbuchFriend
Ian Trimble wrote on Thu, 29 March 2012 19:05
I'm no Linux expert, but it looks like an environmental/install issue; SWT is failing to load a library that it requires to perform web-related work. Make sure you're not mixing 32- and 64-bit OS/JDK/Eclipse. I'd also post to a platform forum (or specifically SWT, if there is one).

- Ian

Thanks Ian, I've now created a duplicate thread in the SWT forum.

Is it possible to delete this thread somehow?
Previous Topic:Problem to deploy application JSF
Next Topic:Error running JSF2 project on Tomcat6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:05:51 GMT 2024