Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » MoDisco » KDM model edit and editor plugins missing
KDM model edit and editor plugins missing [message #832022] Thu, 29 March 2012 16:56 Go to next message
Benjamin Klatt is currently offline Benjamin KlattFriend
Hi,

I am working on a model that references the kdm model provided and generated by the modisco plugins.
Installing the modisco tools provided the plugin org.eclipse.gmt.modisco.omg.kdm containing the model itself. However, there are not org.eclipse.gmt.modisco.omg.kdm.edit and org.eclipse.gmt.modisco.omg.kdm.editor plugins included. Is there a reason for this or could they be added?

Thanks
Benjamin
Re: KDM model edit and editor plugins missing [message #832059 is a reply to message #832022] Thu, 29 March 2012 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
Hello,

We currently provide only the metamodel itself (and the corresponding generated code).
We usually don't require the "edit" and "editor" as most of the time using reflexive components for handling KDM models, such as the MoDisco Model Browser.
Anyway, if needed these two projects can be automatically regenerated from the KDM Ecore model.

Best regards,

Hugo

--------------------------------------------------------
Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
Re: KDM model edit and editor plugins missing [message #832170 is a reply to message #832059] Thu, 29 March 2012 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Klatt is currently offline Benjamin KlattFriend
Hi Hugo,

thanks for this fast response.
I am not sure if I get you right. Did you mean you will add them to your build or would you prefer me to build them by myself and ship them with my features?

Thanks
Benjamin
Re: KDM model edit and editor plugins missing [message #847516 is a reply to message #832170] Tue, 17 April 2012 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
Hi Benjamin,

We currently don't plan these two projects to be included into the MoDisco builds, so you should generate them by your own and integrate them in your solution if needed.

Best regards,

Hugo

P.S. Sorry for the delay, I was out of office during the last two weeks.

Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
Re: KDM model edit and editor plugins missing [message #946085 is a reply to message #847516] Mon, 15 October 2012 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rafael Durelli is currently offline Rafael DurelliFriend
Hi I'm having the same problem stated by Benjamin Klatt. However, I don't know how to deal with it. Please let me know how to generate both org.eclipse.gmt.modisco.omg.kdm.edit and org.eclipse.gmt.modisco.omg.kdm.editor plugins using the KDM metamodel..

Best Regards
Re: KDM model edit and editor plugins missing [message #946658 is a reply to message #832022] Tue, 16 October 2012 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could someone helps me?

Thanks.
Re: KDM model edit and editor plugins missing [message #947810 is a reply to message #946658] Wed, 17 October 2012 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When can I find the metamodel of the KDM? I mean, I'am using the modisco, but I don't know exactly when is it? Could someone helps me?
Re: KDM model edit and editor plugins missing [message #948582 is a reply to message #947810] Thu, 18 October 2012 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fabien Giquel is currently offline Fabien GiquelFriend
Hi Rafael,

you may import "org.eclipse.gmt.modisco.omg.kdm" plugin your workspace (File->Import...->Plugins and fragments->...). Then you will find /model/kdm.ecore metamodel definition.
Another way is to checkout plugin code from SVN at "https://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.mdt.modisco".

Generating .edit and .editor plugins is done from the kdm.genmodel file editor. You may have a look at some existing online EMF tutorials for details.

Regards,
Fabien.

----------------------------------------------------
Fabien GIQUEL
R&D Engineer
Mia-Software
rue Nina Simone
44000 NANTES
----------------------------------------------------
icon12.gif  Re: KDM model edit and editor plugins missing [message #953589 is a reply to message #948582] Mon, 22 October 2012 11:22 Go to previous message
Fabien Giquel thanks a lot. Cool
Previous Topic:Browser Customization and QuerySets
Next Topic:Method AbstractDeploymentDescriptorDiscoverer.getDescXmlVersion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:57:50 GMT 2024