Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Validate against database schema(validate that the entities corresponds to the database scheme)
Validate against database schema [message #831948] Thu, 29 March 2012 15:00 Go to next message
Juan Luna is currently offline Juan LunaFriend
Greetings.

I want to know if there is a way to validate if an entity and its columns corresponds to the database schema.

Thanks, and sorry for my poor english.
Re: Validate against database schema [message #832075 is a reply to message #831948] Thu, 29 March 2012 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karen Butzke is currently offline Karen ButzkeFriend
Hello,

If you would like design time schema validation for JPA entities you can use Dali Java Persistence Tools to get validation markers in Eclipse. Take a look at the Getting Started section or some of the Demos on the Dali website.

If you are looking for runtime schema validation it looks like you need to use a SessionCustomizer to configure the IntegrityChecker on the Session to check the database.

Karen
Re: Validate against database schema [message #832165 is a reply to message #832075] Thu, 29 March 2012 21:21 Go to previous message
Juan Luna is currently offline Juan LunaFriend
Thanks, the integritychecker was just what I needed.

Greetings.
Previous Topic:Persistence
Next Topic:Too long identifiers for oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:28:39 GMT 2024