Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Bundle-classpath and Eclipse question
Bundle-classpath and Eclipse question [message #103449] Fri, 04 January 2008 22:11 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: ryan.dougherty.infor.com

All -

I'm trying to use a Hibernate bundle provided by Spring. This bundle consists of 4 internal jar files (all hibernate) which are then exported via the manifest file. The manifest file lists these bundles in the Bundle-classpath. When using Eclipse, I can import the desired package to the osgi manifest file, but when I try to use any of the classes they're not found. Any suggestions?

Here's the Manifiest file:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: Hibernate Plug-in
Bundle-SymbolicName: org.hibernate
Bundle-Version: 3.2.5.GA
Bundle-ClassPath: hibernate-annotations.jar,
hibernate-commons-annotations.jar,
hibernate-validator.jar,
hibernate3.jar
Export-Package: org.hibernate,
org.hibernate.action,

All of the hibernate packages are exported. I didn't want to take up the whole page by including them and the import-package statements. The bundles listed in the Bundle-Classpath exist in the hibernate.jar file and are located in the same directory as the manifest file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

- Ryan
Re: Bundle-classpath and Eclipse question [message #103539 is a reply to message #103449] Mon, 07 January 2008 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: b06rpd.fds.com

BTW - I know I can get by this problem by unjaring the hibernate file, and exposing those internal jar's as bundles. What I'm trying to figure out is if there's a way to get Eclipse to load those internal jar's into a project's classpath.

Thanks,

- Ryan
Re: Bundle-classpath and Eclipse question [message #103563 is a reply to message #103449] Tue, 08 January 2008 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend

Well - in case anyone else runs into this problem, it's a known bug:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=135012

- Ryan
Re: Bundle-classpath and Eclipse question [message #103587 is a reply to message #103563] Tue, 08 January 2008 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joachim Kainz is currently offline Joachim KainzFriend
The bug only seems to apply to nested jar files. I played with this a bit. It seems the problem can be addressed by just "converting" the hibernate jar files to bundles by adding that appropriate MANIFEST.MF entries solves the problem. Of course, one ends up with four bundles instead of one.
Re: Bundle-classpath and Eclipse question [message #103614 is a reply to message #103587] Wed, 09 January 2008 12:53 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend

Yeah - that's what I've ended up doing. I was hoping there was a work-around for loading the nested jars.

Thanks for the reply.

- Ryan
Previous Topic:Pluggable Skins
Next Topic:issues using <mail> ant task for pde build and test automation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:17:37 GMT 2024