Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Progress information Configuring GDB hangs(Cross GDB debugging crashes eclipse)
Progress information Configuring GDB hangs [message #831861] Thu, 29 March 2012 13:03 Go to next message
Axel B is currently offline Axel BFriend
Hello,

my first try to use remote debugging via Eclipse Indigo is a desaster and i can't fix it.

The Basics:
I use a Cross Compiler Toolchain and have no problems to debug via network with my cross debugger on my devel-host and the counterpart gdbserver on my target. Up to this point -> no Trouble.

Now, i will use this with eclipse. I have read many tutorials about the configuration of such a debugging session. But when i try to start a session i get the Progress Information Widget and thats it. Pushing the Cancel button doesn't work. Only "Strg+C" is working. But this still closes eclipse completely.

I start eclipse out of an Linux Terminal with the correct Environment Variables set. Calling the gdb from this place is no Problem.

I get no error information in the terminal. Also when i Kill the Application with Strg+C

Is this a Bug or do i have missed some configurations? (Please ask when you need more information about my Debug conf settings)

Thanks in advance for any Hint!

Axel

Eclipse Build id: 20120216-1857
RSE 3.1.1
Running on a Ubuntu 10.04

[Updated on: Thu, 29 March 2012 14:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Progress information Configuring GDB hangs [message #832207 is a reply to message #831861] Thu, 29 March 2012 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do i was the only one with such a Problem? When i have a look at the View counts regarding to the answer counts i think that Eclipse has only special Problems that only a few geeks can solve!

Am i right with this suggestion?

Is this not the correct Forum for my question? Do i have to ask anywhere else?

Thanks

Axel
Re: Progress information Configuring GDB hangs [message #832679 is a reply to message #831861] Fri, 30 March 2012 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another Question. Perhaps it is easier to answer.

How can i figure this Problem out by myself? Do Eclipse or RSE has a Verbose Modus or something else. The Trace Mon gives me no answer except that after the message 1-environment-cd <projectdir> it stops.

I will have a look behind the communication between my Build Host and my Target.

Are there some logs that i can have a look at, or sniffing with wireshark?

I don't know. These are my first steps with debugging under eclipse.

Please, please any Hints!

Axel
Re: Progress information Configuring GDB hangs [message #981653 is a reply to message #832679] Mon, 12 November 2012 15:37 Go to previous message
Super FROG is currently offline Super FROGFriend
Hi,

I had the same problem with "attach to running application" under eclipse Juno. I got to 96 % at the status Configuring GDB.

I solved this issue by going back to eclipse version helios.

FYI:
the logfiles can be found (under Linux) at:
<workspace>/.metadata/.log
http://wiki.eclipse.org/IRC_FAQ#Where_are_Eclipse.27s_log_files_located.3F

Other people also seem to have had this problem, but with different solutions. You might want to check your GDB console output:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=318312
the console view there is a little 'TV' icon with an arrow. If you click on the arrow
you can select between the different available consoles. You should see one called
'gdb traces' for your specific launch.

Here the problem was missing breakpoints

2 Other people filed a bug report, but no solution yet:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=317949
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=325682
Previous Topic:Remote Debugging using Juno
Next Topic:Compiling same project with different compilers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:00:00 GMT 2024