Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Create UITest(How i get the technical name for select context menu component?)
Create UITest [message #831702] Thu, 29 March 2012 08:18 Go to next message
Kollin Krause is currently offline Kollin KrauseFriend
Hello!

I create a new UITest in Jubula and at first i will do a simple test and select a context menu.

I move the cursor over components in the started Object Mapping Mode. The components are highlighted with a green border.

At this point the documentation say the following description:
To collect a technical name for a component, hover the cursor over the component whose name you want to collect. Press »CTRL+SHIFT+Q«

How can i do this for the select context menu component(selectContextMenuEntry_byTextpath) ... to get the technical name?

Thanks!

[Updated on: Thu, 29 March 2012 08:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Create UITest [message #831898 is a reply to message #831702] Thu, 29 March 2012 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

The context menus themselves don't need to be collected. You use the component name for the component the context menu should be opened on (so if you're opening the context menu on a tree, then use the component name you're using for the tree).

There is a cheat sheet on context menu tests and a forum entry with some more details here.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Create UITest [message #831921 is a reply to message #831898] Thu, 29 March 2012 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will keep on trying until it works!

Thank you very much for your help!

Kollin
Re: Create UITest [message #831976 is a reply to message #831921] Thu, 29 March 2012 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Barnard is currently offline Robert BarnardFriend
Hi Kollin,

I'm working on something similar at the moment.
Like Alex said, you capture the technical name of the tree, then use the available Jubula actions to use the nodes within the tree. To select a node within the tree to can use absolute index paths (e.g. "1/1/3", to navigate down the first two nodes, then the third node under those). Or text path (e.g. "C:/'Program Files'/'Common Files'").

Check out the actions for a "Tree"
Re: Create UITest [message #857385 is a reply to message #831976] Thu, 26 April 2012 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Everybody!

I create a context menu action and in the test execution the context menu is displayed,
but the action "Select All" isn´t choosen.

Here is my definition:

TEXTPATH (String): Select All.*
Operator: equals
Mouse Button: 3

I check the description in the eclipse documentation for testing context menus and i look at the Cheat Sheets to create a context menu action.

This error is occurred (ErrorDetails):

- Action Error
- Context Menu not found

... but the context menu "Select All" exists?!

Here are some more details from my environment:

AUT Toolkit for test specification: RCP
Ecipse Version: 3.7.0
Platform: Windows XP SP3
Jubula Version: 1.2

Any ideas or hints what can i do?

Thanks!

[Updated on: Thu, 26 April 2012 13:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Create UITest [message #858401 is a reply to message #857385] Fri, 27 April 2012 05:39 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

My hint would be to look at whether you really do have a menu item called Select All.* - including the dot and the star - your operator is 'equals' Wink

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:Text into XtextEditor
Next Topic:Jubula doesn't start my application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:04:47 GMT 2024