Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Project Proposals » Maven Integration for Web Tools Platform Proposal Posted
Maven Integration for Web Tools Platform Proposal Posted [message #831379] Wed, 28 March 2012 20:53 Go to next message
Denis Golovin is currently offline Denis GolovinFriend
m2e-wtp is what helps you get seamless import of your maven projects with all the right dependencies configured, the proper assembly setup and it will even enable features in Eclipse that are relevant based on your maven pom.xml file, in context of the Web Tools Platform features : automatic configuration for Web, EJB, EAR, Connector, Web Fragment and Application Client projects.

m2e-wtp also brings some maven exclusive features to your favorite IDE, such as dynamic web resource filtering or war overlays.

You can get the current m2e-wtp from Eclipse Marketplace or by installing JBoss Tools.
Re: Maven Integration for Web Tools Platform Proposal Posted [message #831390 is a reply to message #831379] Wed, 28 March 2012 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Vree is currently offline David VreeFriend
For me, the best part of the new M2E is M2E-WTP.

For the first time we get all the features of WTP combined with the power of Maven. I fully support any proposal that will promote the development of M2E-WTP and I thank the developers for their contribution.
Re: Maven Integration for Web Tools Platform Proposal Posted [message #832041 is a reply to message #831390] Thu, 29 March 2012 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adrian Missing name is currently offline Adrian Missing nameFriend
Excellent news, m2e-wtp is a must have to adopt maven in our company since we mostly develop webapps.

This would also make sure to have long term-support to m2e-wtp in eclipse and all its flavours (plain eclipse, jboss tools, ibm rad, etc...).

Thanks once more for the news
Re: Maven Integration for Web Tools Platform Proposal Posted [message #832230 is a reply to message #831379] Thu, 29 March 2012 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Odilon Oliveira is currently offline Odilon OliveiraFriend
Great news,

I'm using M2E-WTP successfully in a few projects. Really a must have !

Hoping see this soon on eclipse WTP release.
Re: Maven Integration for Web Tools Platform Proposal Posted [message #834143 is a reply to message #831379] Sun, 01 April 2012 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Werner Keil is currently offline Werner KeilFriend
Please add me to Interested Parties!

- Werner Keil - UOMo Lead, Java EE 6/7 EG Member

Not only have I actively evangelized the current M2E-WTP with my recent
clients like Bisnode for their corporate standard IDE architecture, I also
helped shape WTP back in 2005 based on real life experience at large
customers like Credit Suisse. Improving it from 0.7 Incubation stage to its
1.0 and beyond form we know today.

Werner

"Denis Golovin" <forums-noreply@xxxxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:jkvtnr$bdv$1@xxxxxxxxe.org...
> m2e-wtp is what helps you get seamless import of your maven projects with
> all the right dependencies configured, the proper assembly setup and it
> will even enable features in Eclipse that are relevant based on your maven
> pom.xml file, in context of the Web Tools Platform features : automatic
> configuration for Web, EJB, EAR, Connector, Web Fragment and Application
> Client projects.
>
> m2e-wtp also brings some maven exclusive features to your favorite IDE,
> such as dynamic web resource filtering or war overlays.
>
> You can get the current m2e-wtp from Eclipse Marketplace or by installing
> JBoss Tools.
Re: Maven Integration for Web Tools Platform Proposal Posted [message #834875 is a reply to message #831379] Mon, 02 April 2012 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chuck Bridgham is currently offline Chuck BridghamFriend
I just wanted to add our excitement from the WTP team regarding this proposal.
We are ready to help make contributions to this new project, and also find a clean integration to WTP's existing frameworks and UI for a great all around experience. (including fixing a few bugs and enhancements on the WTP side)

Thanks - Chuck Bridgham
WTP PMC lead
Re: Maven Integration for Web Tools Platform Proposal Posted [message #870215 is a reply to message #834875] Mon, 07 May 2012 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Schlegel is currently offline Marc SchlegelFriend
Thanks a lot for this extension to m2e. Totally support it.
Re: Maven Integration for Web Tools Platform Proposal Posted [message #1022075 is a reply to message #834143] Thu, 21 March 2013 08:36 Go to previous message
Kamila Dela is currently offline Kamila DelaFriend
I fully support any proposal that will promote the development of M2E-WTP and I thank the developers for their contribution.
Previous Topic:CDT (C and C++ addon)
Next Topic:ctrl+q memory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:04:44 GMT 2024