Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Configuring selection of text with double click(Configuring selection of text with double click)
Configuring selection of text with double click [message #831108] Wed, 28 March 2012 13:37 Go to next message
Simon Dansereau is currently offline Simon DansereauFriend
Hi guys,

First, thanks a lot for the plugin. It's very useful to develop with Corona sdk even if I can't get all the features working on my mac.

The most irritating problem I have is with text selection. Often, I have a line like:

myObject:MyMethod(param)

and I'd like to be able to double click on the 'myObject' to select it for doing a copy->paste operation. Currently, it will select the whole 'myObject:MyMethod' section.

The solution seems relatively easy to implement :

h t t p : // wiki.eclipse.org / FAQ_How_do_I_change_the_selection_on_a_double-click_in_my_editor%3F

Thanks and keep on your good work!

Simon
Re: Configuring selection of text with double click [message #831111 is a reply to message #831108] Wed, 28 March 2012 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

Hi Simon,

First of all, thanks so much for the kind words!

Actually, we are aware of this bug (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=363501) for which a contribution has been proposed.
It is currently being reviewed by Eclipse Foundation legal team, and as soon as they'll give us a go we'll be able to check that in into the source code repository. It is only a matter of days before we should have this approval, so stay tuned!

Should you have any concerns, feature requests, ... please tell us!

Cheers,
Benjamin

Re: Configuring selection of text with double click [message #831115 is a reply to message #831111] Wed, 28 March 2012 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow, that was a quick reply!

And it's the best answer I could expect! Thanks again!
Re: Configuring selection of text with double click [message #831121 is a reply to message #831115] Wed, 28 March 2012 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Quote:
First, thanks a lot for the plugin. It's very useful to develop with Corona sdk even if I can't get all the features working on my mac.

Can you maybe elaborate a bit about it?
I've personally been playing with Corona SDK lately and I've been e.g. debugging Corona apps seamlessly!

BTW, you might wanna have a look at http://lua-list.2524044.n2.nabble.com/ANN-Koneki-LDT-smart-content-assist-available-in-beta-td7287990.html by the way (content-assist for, among others, Corona!)

Re: Configuring selection of text with double click [message #831332 is a reply to message #831121] Wed, 28 March 2012 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We are having troubles with Code assistance and Goto definition.

Regarding Code assistance, when we hit Ctrl-Space, we get a window but it is not contextual.

Regarding Goto definition, it simply never works Sad

My version of koneki is:

My version of eclipse is:
Eclipse IDE for Java Developers
Version: Indigo Service Release 2
Build id: 20120216-1857

Mac OS X Version 10.6.8

Re: Configuring selection of text with double click [message #834251 is a reply to message #831108] Sun, 01 April 2012 17:18 Go to previous message

Simon Dansereau wrote on Wed, 28 March 2012 15:37
Hi guys,
The most irritating problem I have is with text selection. Often, I have a line like:

myObject:MyMethod(param)

Hi Simon,
The bugfix has been committed ; I guess you should update your install to get it! Smile

Previous Topic:The Selection cannot be launched, and there are no recent launches
Next Topic:i can't run lua!run configurations is empty!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:35:02 GMT 2024