Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » how to change virgo tomcat server character encoding
how to change virgo tomcat server character encoding [message #830967] Wed, 28 March 2012 09:31 Go to next message
karthik elavan is currently offline karthik elavanFriend
I have a problem in virgo tomcat server character encoding.

I am developing an web application where using special characters and passing this to server and return back the responses.

Whenever I run the application with the jetty server it works perfectly but when I run the same app in virgo tomcat server it gives some weird characters and that part not gets work

anyone help me

Thanks
karthik

[Updated on: Wed, 28 March 2012 09:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to change virgo tomcat server character encoding [message #830981 is a reply to message #830967] Wed, 28 March 2012 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frieder Heugel is currently offline Frieder HeugelFriend
According to http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/CharacterEncoding you can set UTF-8 (or whatever encoding you prefer) in the Tomcat configuration for the respective <Connector>. With Virgo this file is named tomcat-server.xml and can be found in the configuration directory.
Re: how to change virgo tomcat server character encoding [message #830997 is a reply to message #830981] Wed, 28 March 2012 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Hi Karthik

Please see also FAQ 1, even though you were fortunate enough to get a good answer quickly this time. Smile

Regards,
Glyn
Re: how to change virgo tomcat server character encoding [message #831055 is a reply to message #830981] Wed, 28 March 2012 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Mr.Frieder Heugel, I solved the problem many many more thanks for you

Regards
karthik

[Updated on: Wed, 28 March 2012 12:05]

how to change(stop) the server startup log [message #831064 is a reply to message #830981] Wed, 28 March 2012 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, Frieder Heugel,
I need another one help for VIrgo server log file when server startup enviroment the lot of log runing on the console as well as appent log.log file, I am already post this issue i follw vifgo user guide but i solved only my application related and depented log(infomative). i need server start up lot of log came to me how can i solved.

I am already going to SERVER.HOME/Config/serviceability.xml and i try to change info level but is not solved. once i change the parameter info--> replaced error but the startup log append for log file

* I saw the two type of log
1. EVENT_LOG
2. LOG_FILE

Which one i change and stoped the server startup log and which parameter i will be used
If I used INFO/DEBUG/ERROR but defaulted having INFO

I expecting your suggestion...ASAP

Thanks
Karthik

[Updated on: Wed, 28 March 2012 12:20]

Re: how to change(stop) the server startup log [message #831081 is a reply to message #831064] Wed, 28 March 2012 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Hi Karthik

I'm sorry that we don't have a Virgo forum in your first language, as I'm afraid I don't understand your last post. Do you have a colleague who could help to express the question in better English?

Also, you will find it more productive not to use the same thread for two different subjects (as people who don't know about character encoding probably won't look in this thread, so you get fewer eyes on your question).

Also, now is the time to read "How to Ask Smart Questions" (linked to from FAQ 1). Quite a few translations are available if the English version is putting you off. Meanwhile, may I offer you this quotation from the article:

Quote:
Don't flag your question as "Urgent", even if it is for you

That's your problem, not ours. Claiming urgency is very likely to be counter-productive: most hackers will simply delete such messages as rude and selfish attempts to elicit immediate and special attention.

Regards,
Glyn

[Updated on: Wed, 28 March 2012 12:54]

Re: how to change virgo tomcat server character encoding [message #833257 is a reply to message #830981] Sat, 31 March 2012 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Frieder Heugel,
i have working now osgi base web application and using virgo 3.0.2 it,s look like fine, But i got sometimes web bundle startup failed exception why this happening this causes came to our application if any idea? so i have add my log message below that...

log file message
===============

[2012-03-30 11:35:20.472] sync Event Dispatcher Thread <UR0001I> User region ready.
[2012-03-30 11:35:21.483] fs-watcher <HD0001I> Hot deployer processing 'INITIAL' event for file 'org.eclipse.virgo.apps.splash-3.0.2.RELEASE.jar'.
[2012-03-30 11:35:21.537] TCP Connection(2)-127.0.0.1 <DE0000I> Installing bundle 'cmt-web' version '1.0.0'.
[2012-03-30 11:35:21.560] TCP Connection(2)-127.0.0.1 <DE0002E> Installation of bundle 'cmt-web' version '1.0.0' failed. org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.DeploymentException: Unsatisfied dependency detected when expanding imports for [bundle 'cmt-web' version '1.0.0' in scope 'null']
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.ImportExpandingTransformer.expandImports(ImportExpandingTransformer.java:116)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.ImportExpandingTransformer$ImportExpandingTreeVisitor.visit(ImportExpandingTransformer.java:80)
at org.eclipse.virgo.util.common.ThreadSafeArrayListTree.visit(ThreadSafeArrayListTree.java:165)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.ImportExpandingTransformer.transform(ImportExpandingTransformer.java:58)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.stage.transform.internal.TransformationStage.doProcessTree(TransformationStage.java:55)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.stage.AbstractPipelineStage.process(AbstractPipelineStage.java:41)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.internal.StandardPipeline.doProcessTree(StandardPipeline.java:62)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.internal.CompensatingPipeline.doProcessTree(CompensatingPipeline.java:72)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.stage.AbstractPipelineStage.process(AbstractPipelineStage.java:41)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.internal.StandardPipeline.doProcessTree(StandardPipeline.java:62)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.driveInstallPipeline(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:285)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.doInstall(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:164)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.install(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:136)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PipelinedApplicationDeployer.deploy(PipelinedApplicationDeployer.java:203)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.management.StandardDeployer.deploy(StandardDeployer.java:52)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.ConvertingMethod.invokeWithOpenReturn(ConvertingMethod.java:167)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MXBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(MXBeanIntrospector.java:96)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MXBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(MXBeanIntrospector.java:33)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanIntrospector.invokeM(MBeanIntrospector.java:208)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.PerInterface.invoke(PerInterface.java:120)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanSupport.invoke(MBeanSupport.java:262)
at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:836)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:761)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1427)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access$200(RMIConnectionImpl.java:72)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl$PrivilegedOperation.run(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1265)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doPrivilegedOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1360)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.invoke(RMIConnectionImpl.java:788)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:305)
at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:159)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:155)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:535)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:790)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:649)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.osgi.framework.UnableToSatisfyBundleDependenciesException: Unable to satisfy dependencies of bundle 'cmt-web' at version '1.0.0': A library with the name 'org.springframework.spring' and a version within the range '[3.0.0.RELEASE, 3.0.0.RELEASE]' could not be found
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.userregion.internal.importexpansion.ImportExpansionHandler.createExceptionForMissingLibrary(ImportExpansionHandler.java:184)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.userregion.internal.importexpansion.ImportExpansionHandler.getLibraryPackageImports(ImportExpansionHandler.java:451)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.userregion.internal.importexpansion.ImportExpansionHandler.getAdditionalPackageImports(ImportExpansionHandler.java:231)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.userregion.internal.importexpansion.ImportExpansionHandler.expandImports(ImportExpansionHandler.java:206)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.userregion.internal.importexpansion.ImportExpansionHandler.expandImportsIfNecessary(ImportExpansionHandler.java:174)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.userregion.internal.importexpansion.ImportExpansionHandler.expandImports(ImportExpansionHandler.java:112)
at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:309)
at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.doInvoke(ServiceInvoker.java:58)
at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.invoke(ServiceInvoker.java:62)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.doProceed(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:131)
at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.invoke(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:119)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
at org.springframework.osgi.service.util.internal.aop.ServiceTCCLInterceptor.invokeUnprivileged(ServiceTCCLInterceptor.java:56)
at org.springframework.osgi.service.util.internal.aop.ServiceTCCLInterceptor.invoke(ServiceTCCLInterceptor.java:39)
at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.LocalBundleContextAdvice.invoke(LocalBundleContextAdvice.java:59)
at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.doProceed(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:131)
at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.invoke(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:119)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
at $Proxy67.expandImports(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.ImportExpandingTransformer.expandImports(ImportExpandingTransformer.java:107)
... 46 common frames omitted
Re: how to change virgo tomcat server character encoding [message #834083 is a reply to message #833257] Sun, 01 April 2012 11:23 Go to previous message
Frieder Heugel is currently offline Frieder HeugelFriend
Hi karthik

Check the stacktrace again. All the information you need to solve your problem can be found in there.

Frieder
Previous Topic:STS,Clud Foundry, and Virgo IDE
Next Topic:Context Path issue with WAB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:18:52 GMT 2024