Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » touchpoint action when plugin updates
touchpoint action when plugin updates [message #830610] Tue, 27 March 2012 21:44 Go to next message
Phil R is currently offline Phil RFriend
Hi,

I know how to create a touchpoint action when the plugin is installed for the first time. This is done with following p2.inf settings which uses my own install feature:
metaRequirements.0.namespace=org.eclipse.equinox.p2.osgi   
metaRequirements.0.name=installAction    
metaRequirements.0.range=1.0   

instructions.configure=installAction();   
instructions.configure.import=featureproject.mytouchpoint.custominstall.installAction

However I also would like to add custom code when the plugin updates.
I also need the previous installed version of the installed plugin-bundle that is being updated

Could you give any example/help?

Regards,
Phil
Re: touchpoint action when plugin updates [message #830984 is a reply to message #830610] Wed, 28 March 2012 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phil R is currently offline Phil RFriend
Hi,

I solved it myself. The problem was the range. However if the range is set with the more recent versions included it still aborts with an error that it can't install another touchpoint (when installing the custom plugin) so I just removed the range and now it seems to take the most recent one... Any information because of this behaviour would be welcome Smile

Regards,
Phil
Re: touchpoint action when plugin updates [message #1863663 is a reply to message #830984] Tue, 20 February 2024 08:50 Go to previous message
Axel Stein is currently offline Axel SteinFriend
How did you get the newly updated touchpoint code to run at the installation of the update? I noticed that performing an update on a plugin containing a touchpoint action executes the previously installed action and not the currently updated one. I tried your method of removing the range from metaRequirements and it didn't change anything. Please see also my thread here.
Previous Topic:Launch Java Agent in Eclipse PDE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:58:07 GMT 2024