Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » "Updates are not permitted" in shared installation
"Updates are not permitted" in shared installation [message #830191] Tue, 27 March 2012 10:10 Go to next message
Rebecka Öfverholm is currently offline Rebecka ÖfverholmFriend
I am the admin of a shared installation of Eclipse. My problem is that users cannot update plugins that are already installed (though they are able to install new plugins). What can I do to allow individual users to update existing plugins?

Steps to reproduce:
Install Eclipse Classic 3.6.2 in Linux (I use SUSE Enterprise 10)
Make the installation directory non-writable for everyone but you, the owner.
As owner, install EGit 1.0 from <EGit update site>/updates-1.0
As another user, try to install the newer version EGit 1.3 from <EGit update site>/updates-1.3
You will get an error saying:
"Your original request has been modified.
EGit Mylyn will be ignored because it is already installed, and updates are not permitted.
..."
Feel free to try this with any other plugin, I have not yet found one that works.

Perhaps related: If I as a regular user go to "About Eclipse SDK --> Installation Details --> Installed Software", the "Update" and "Uninstall" buttons are greyed out for every item on the list, though they are not if I run Eclipse as owner/admin.

I would be very greatful for any help with this issue!
Re: "Updates are not permitted" in shared installation [message #831239 is a reply to message #830191] Wed, 28 March 2012 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

i do not see how this is related with Xtext.

~Christian

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: "Updates are not permitted" in shared installation [message #831672 is a reply to message #831239] Thu, 29 March 2012 07:27 Go to previous message
Rebecka Öfverholm is currently offline Rebecka ÖfverholmFriend
It is not. I posted it in the wrong forum, and then I couldn't discover a way to delete it. I've reposted it in the Newcomers forum.
Previous Topic:How to: xText-model->ecore model (?) -> generated text
Next Topic:How to insert javadoc into the generated EMF interfaces for mydsl
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 16:40:48 GMT 2024