Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Problems with the lock manager
Problems with the lock manager [message #829681] Mon, 26 March 2012 16:29 Go to next message
Niels K is currently offline Niels KFriend
Hi,

I have an error with the locking mechanism im my Jubula project.
I have a specific test case which I cannot edit anymore. Other test cases can be edited without any problem, but not testcases / suites reusing the locked test case.

I'm using mySQL db and ensured myself that I have no locks from the mysql locking mechanism.
On the other hand exporting the project, erasing the db, recreate the structure and import the project works.

Did someone experienced the same, is there maybe already a bug entry? Is my workaround the only solution for this problem?

Thanks,
Niels

Here's the error message stack trace:

3004: Unexpected error occurred.
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.persistence.locking.LockManager$7.run(LockManager.java:354)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.persistence.locking.LockManager.runInSession(LockManager.java:135)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.persistence.locking.LockManager.lockPO(LockManager.java:344)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.persistence.Persistor.lockPO(Persistor.java:888)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.persistence.EditSupport.lockWorkVersion(EditSupport.java:219)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.ui.editors.JBEditorHelper.requestEditableState(JBEditorHelper.java:108)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.ui.handlers.delete.DeleteTreeItemHandlerTCEditor.execute(DeleteTreeItemHandlerTCEditor.java:55)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:293)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:476)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeCommand(HandlerService.java:169)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.executeCommand(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:468)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.press(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:786)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.WorkbenchKeyboard.processKeyEvent(WorkbenchKeyboard.java:885)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.keys.OutOfOrderListener.handleEvent(OutOfOrderListener.java:76)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1077)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1062)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendKeyEvent(Widget.java:1103)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendKeyEvent(Widget.java:1099)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.wmKeyDown(Widget.java:1808)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.WM_KEYDOWN(Control.java:4496)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Tree.WM_KEYDOWN(Tree.java:5976)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:4191)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Tree.windowProc(Tree.java:5844)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:4886)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessageW(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessage(OS.java:2459)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3655)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2640)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.jubula.app.Launcher.start(Launcher.java:347)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1383)

Edit: Used Jubula V1.1

[Updated on: Tue, 27 March 2012 15:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problems with the lock manager [message #830516 is a reply to message #829681] Tue, 27 March 2012 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
I don't think I've seen this error before. You could enter a bug for it, with as many details as possible on your system / architecture etc as well as on the frequency of the bug / any steps that seem to be involved in reproducing it. It would also be interesting to know whether it still occurs with Jubula 1.2. A different possible workaround could be to reconnect to the database (via select database) and then reopen the project (this is just a guess, but maybe it will help).

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Problems with the lock manager [message #903612 is a reply to message #829681] Fri, 24 August 2012 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sascha Mising name is currently offline Sascha Mising nameFriend
Was there a error reported ?

I also have this problem, but on the Central Test Dataset, so nobody can change it anymore.
Windows 7
Java
Jubula 1.2.1.201207310845 com.bredexsw.jubula.product null
java.version=1.6.0_18

Is there a known workaround for this bug ?
Windows 7

3004: Unexpected error occurred.
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.persistence.locking.LockManager$7.run(LockManager.java:354)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.persistence.locking.LockManager.runInSession(LockManager.java:135)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.persistence.locking.LockManager.lockPO(LockManager.java:344)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.persistence.Persistor.lockPO(Persistor.java:897)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.core.persistence.EditSupport.lockWorkVersion(EditSupport.java:219)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.ui.rcp.editors.JBEditorHelper.requestEditableState(JBEditorHelper.java:108)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.ui.rcp.handlers.AbstractEditParametersHandler.getEditorInEditableState(AbstractEditParametersHandler.java:59)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.ui.rcp.handlers.EditTDMParametersHandler.executeImpl(EditTDMParametersHandler.java:62)
at org.eclipse.jubula.client.ui.handlers.AbstractHandler.execute(AbstractHandler.java:46)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:293)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:476)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeCommand(HandlerService.java:169)
at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(CommandContributionItem.java:829)
at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem.access$19(CommandContributionItem.java:815)
at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem$5.handleEvent(CommandContributionItem.java:805)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4165)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3754)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2701)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2665)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2499)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:679)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:668)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.jubula.app.Launcher.start(Launcher.java:242)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)
Re: Problems with the lock manager [message #1140525 is a reply to message #903612] Wed, 16 October 2013 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
louy koko is currently offline louy kokoFriend
Hallo,

I have also this problem.

can you help me?
Re: Problems with the lock manager [message #1140690 is a reply to message #829681] Wed, 16 October 2013 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alejo Abdala is currently offline Alejo AbdalaFriend
Is there a way from the ITE/a script to clear the locks on the DB?
Re: Problems with the lock manager [message #1141688 is a reply to message #1140690] Thu, 17 October 2013 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys,

Thanks for the posts. Are you all working on mySQL, or are you also working on other databases? Which version of Jubula are you working with?
I'm not sure about manually removing the locks, but I'll ask here.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Problems with the lock manager [message #1141968 is a reply to message #1140690] Thu, 17 October 2013 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bhupendra Mahajan is currently offline Bhupendra MahajanFriend
Hi Alex,
Re: Problems with the lock manager [message #1143315 is a reply to message #1141968] Fri, 18 October 2013 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys,

An SQL script can be used to remove the locks - but be careful! If other people are actually working on the Test Case / Data Set at that time, then you could do some serious damage.
The locks certainly shouldn't remain after the project has been closed (by all users) and reopened. I'd definitely recommend exporting as a back up before trying any manual incisions into the database. For the older messages - we have done some work on the locking mechanism since the thread started, so I'd expect some of the problems to no longer occur.

Best regards,
Alex
An error occurred Reason: 3004: Unexpected error occurred [message #1717139 is a reply to message #829681] Thu, 10 December 2015 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Renker is currently offline Michael RenkerFriend
I have the ITE and Client API installed, so when i was successful in testing my eclipse based rcp (teamcenter) i wanted to try out the client api to start using java to write tests. I am fairly new to jubula.

I started the client api shipped with mars and tried to open the project i created in the ITE ran into th 3004 error.
I assume the ITE and Client API are using the same database h2
Re: An error occurred Reason: 3004: Unexpected error occurred [message #1717182 is a reply to message #1717139] Thu, 10 December 2015 14:38 Go to previous message
Hi Michael,

It sounds like your question isn't related to the current thread - in future it would be helpful if you could open new threads for new topics.

As to your question - the relevant parts for the client API are also installed with the Jubula standalone. A how to guide is in the FAQs:
http://testing.bredex.de/faqs/jubula-api-setup.html

Hope this helps,
Alex
Previous Topic:can not run test with remote aut agent
Next Topic:How to run test suite/test case many times
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:21:45 GMT 2024