Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Using Xtext with Zest framework(Is it possible and are there examples?)
Using Xtext with Zest framework [message #829413] Mon, 26 March 2012 08:50 Go to next message
Daniel Fath is currently offline Daniel FathFriend
Hi, I'm working on a program to integrate Zest framework with Xtext so I can visualize my DSLs with Zest (basically it's a hybrid text/visual editor like the one in the example in XText GMF integration video). So my question is are there any examples of integration and if not, how hard would it be to pull it off.

Speaking of visual-textual intergration, is there an alternative to GMF that is well documented (with perhaps some examples)?

PS. Lack of links is really illogical restriction Sad
Re: Using Xtext with Zest framework [message #829498 is a reply to message #829413] Mon, 26 March 2012 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holger Schill is currently offline Holger SchillFriend
May be you would like to have a look at this here : github.com/JanKoehnlein/Generic-Graph-View".
Done with GEF and well integrated but without support for editing.

Regards,
Holger

--
Need professional support for Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com
Re: Using Xtext with Zest framework [message #833621 is a reply to message #829498] Sat, 31 March 2012 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meinte Boersma is currently offline Meinte BoersmaFriend
An alternative for GMF may be Graphiti and/or Spray.

Re: Using Xtext with Zest framework [message #879700 is a reply to message #833621] Thu, 31 May 2012 17:07 Go to previous message
Daniel Fath is currently offline Daniel FathFriend
What are Graphiti's limitations? I kinda need the ability to zoom/pan and probably edit the properties on the model. Does Graphiti support that?

[Updated on: Thu, 31 May 2012 17:08]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Cross references
Next Topic:Migrating unknown version of Xtext to XText 2.x
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:05:25 GMT 2024