Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Cant get syntax help with XML(my *.jwc files are opened as text instead of xml)
Cant get syntax help with XML [message #827718] Fri, 23 March 2012 18:08
Jon Tyree is currently offline Jon TyreeFriend
I want to have syntax coloring and content assist for my Tapestry 3 jwc and page files. These are xml files with .jwc and .page file extension. It works for the .page but not for the .jwc files.

I have the *.jwc file extension mapped in the Preferences/General/Editors/File Associations to use the XML editor. I notice that .page is there also but seems to be 'locked' by other APIs (must be a popular extension to use). But when I open a jwc file, it opens in the XML editor but no syntax coloring or content assist. The .page files use the exact same DTD and they work fine. The DTD is mapped under Preferences/XML/XML Catalog. If I rename the jwc file to .xml, then it works fine. But that is not an option.

Is this a bug or is there a secret trick to getting a non xml file extension to work with the xml editor?
Previous Topic:package explorer expands to a java file corresponding to editor windows switching
Next Topic:Eclipse Helios SR2 Stops Progressing While Renaming a Java Class with F2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:56:56 GMT 2024