Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Creating composite components(Looking for a way to create composite components using Papyrus (or a UML profile))
Creating composite components [message #826754] Thu, 22 March 2012 13:14 Go to next message
Alexandra Bardiau is currently offline Alexandra BardiauFriend
Is there a simple way to create composite components on a Component Diagram in a Papyrus project?

As I understand, UML allows components to be encapsulated in other components, but in the Papyrus Component Diagram I see no way for doing this.

I am also considering the possibilty of creating a UML profile with a stereotype implementing such a Composite Component, but I'm not sure which Metaclasses this stereotype should extend. Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you.
Re: Creating composite components [message #826833 is a reply to message #826754] Thu, 22 March 2012 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Found it!

If anyone's interested, in the Papyrus Perspective, go to Model Explorer, right click on the model, choose New Diagram -> Create a New Composite Structure Diagram. To add composite components, create new components in the model, for the new component right click -> new child -> Component, which will create the new components in the Nested Classifier region for the composite component you are creating, then drag and drop these components on the diagram to visualise the composite diagram.
Re: Creating composite components [message #826834 is a reply to message #826754] Thu, 22 March 2012 15:03 Go to previous message
Found it!

If anyone's interested, in the Papyrus Perspective, go to Model Explorer, right click on the model, choose New Diagram -> Create a New Composite Structure Diagram. To add composite components, create new components in the model, for the new component right click -> new child -> Component, which will create the new components in the Nested Classifier region for the composite component you are creating, then drag and drop these components on the diagram to visualise the composite diagram.
Previous Topic:customize editor for use of profile
Next Topic:CDO compatibility
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:52:21 GMT 2024