Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » setup with multiple xtext files in project(setup with multiple xtext files in project)
setup with multiple xtext files in project [message #826621] Thu, 22 March 2012 09:51 Go to next message
Balazs Molnar is currently offline Balazs MolnarFriend
Hello,

I am trying to set up multiple projects with language mixins. Suppose I have project A and B both defining a language on their own and B inherits some rules (e.g. entity) form project A, but wishes to fully replace some rules from project A (e.g.: package). (replace and not override, with overriding I got extension which did not work nicely because language A package contents are different than language B package contents. This I could have only solved by adding a new content attribute aside of the original from A).
I wished to solve this by creating two xtext languages in project A, one containing rules to be inherited (entity) the other, the main language adding rules like package which could change (it's contents change) from project to project.
Can you tell me if this is the right way to do this ?
If yes, how should I set up my generator mwe file to properly handle the two xtext language files ?

thanks,
Balázs
Re: setup with multiple xtext files in project [message #830916 is a reply to message #826621] Wed, 28 March 2012 08:06 Go to previous message
Balazs Molnar is currently offline Balazs MolnarFriend
What I needed could simply be solved by language B only importing language A (also registering language A during the generation process) - not mixing it in. Then I could refer to the types from language A and redefine any rules I like in language B (like 'package', etc.).
Previous Topic:keyword in another scope as an ID?
Next Topic:Exception when serializing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:09:05 GMT 2024