Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » attach debugger to running RCP
attach debugger to running RCP [message #826253] Wed, 21 March 2012 21:29 Go to next message
Bo Ens is currently offline Bo EnsFriend
I am having an issue with decorators that work fine when launching our RCP application from the Eclipse IDE. When I export and run our RCP application outside of the Eclipse IDE, having issues getting decorators to work in a TreeViewer.

I would like to attach a debug session to a running RCP that was launched outside of the IDE. There are degug configurations for attaching to a Java application, but there are none for attaching to a running Eclipse Platform.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.
Re: attach debugger to running RCP [message #826274 is a reply to message #826253] Wed, 21 March 2012 22:10 Go to previous message
Bo Ens is currently offline Bo EnsFriend
Found the solution.

Launch the RCP using:
eclipse.exe -console -vmargs -Xdebug -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=8000

From the IDE, just use Remote Java Application and use a project with the right dependencies to bundles that will be debugged.

wiki.eclipse.org/IRC_FAQ
Previous Topic:How to "Open Command Prompt Here" in Windows
Next Topic:JasperWave 0.9.4: advanced styles management, Zoom and JasperReports Server integration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:33:38 GMT 2024