Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dali » Bug or a feature? @Column annotation is not always generated.(@Column annotations do not get created for unused columns by the entity generation wizard.)
icon5.gif  Bug or a feature? @Column annotation is not always generated. [message #825963] Wed, 21 March 2012 13:30 Go to next message
Matej Liszka is currently offline Matej LiszkaFriend
@Column annotation is not always generated by the wizard Generate Entities from Tables. I am almost sure that the annotation is only missing for columns where all rows have null value in them. Can I turn off this annoying "feature" somewhere?
Re: Bug or a feature? @Column annotation is not always generated. [message #825987 is a reply to message #825963] Wed, 21 March 2012 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neil Hauge is currently offline Neil HaugeFriend
The @Column annotation is not generated when the default column name matches the actual column name in the database. So the attribute "city" would not need a @Column annotation if the column it mapped was named "CITY". The Dali validation will tell you when the two don't match, and you need a @Column annotation to override the default value.

Neil
Re: Bug or a feature? @Column annotation is not always generated. [message #826511 is a reply to message #825987] Thu, 22 March 2012 06:41 Go to previous message
Matej Liszka is currently offline Matej LiszkaFriend
Thank you for answering my stupid question. The next time I will spend more time by reading the documentation first...
Previous Topic:Generate entities from tables across multiple Oracle schemas
Next Topic:Entity Bean Generation from Postgres 8.4 database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 04:41:18 GMT 2024