Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Xtext Model Update Deletes .svn files for deleted classes
Xtext Model Update Deletes .svn files for deleted classes [message #825563] Wed, 21 March 2012 01:21 Go to next message
Duncan Krebs is currently offline Duncan KrebsFriend

Hi,
I have a xtext model project under svn and everytime I update the model that deletes model objects no longer in my meta model it also deletes the .svn resource files preventing me from being able to checkin my changes into svn. When I try to checkin it marks the files deleted by the generator as "missing" not deleted. It seems like the .svn files are getting deleted as well. Does anyone know what I can do to get around this? THanks - Duncan Krebs
Re: Xtext Model Update Deletes .svn files for deleted classes [message #825704 is a reply to message #825563] Wed, 21 March 2012 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi, i am Not sure what you are exactly talking about. Are you talking about the IGenerator that generates Code out of your .mydsl Files? If yes then this is configurable through IOutputConfigurationProvider

Regards Christian

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Xtext Model Update Deletes .svn files for deleted classes [message #826028 is a reply to message #825704] Wed, 21 March 2012 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Christian,
I'm refering to the .mwe2 file that when run as a MWE2 Workflow it creates the ecore model based on what I have defined in my .xtext file. The issue is for example I have a Person object defined in my .xtext file and after generating the model and checking into SVN all is good. But then later when I make a change to my .xtext file and remove the Person object and want to checkin my changes the Person class that was deleted through another run of the .mwe2 is being recognized as "Missing" not "Deleted" by SVN when I try to checkin changes. I suspect that the code generation is deleted .svn metadata as well. Does my issue make sense?

Thanks for the reply,
Duncan
Re: Xtext Model Update Deletes .svn files for deleted classes [message #826055 is a reply to message #826028] Wed, 21 March 2012 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So why do you check in src- Gen? You could come up with an enhanced
directory cleaner to solve the problem

Re: Xtext Model Update Deletes .svn files for deleted classes [message #826057 is a reply to message #826055] Wed, 21 March 2012 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Why do I check in src-Gen? Because that is part of my runtime app! It has the EMF model and other components that are needed when I load and use instances of my model in runtime? Or am I going about this wrong?
Re: Xtext Model Update Deletes .svn files for deleted classes [message #826080 is a reply to message #826057] Wed, 21 March 2012 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about calling the workflow during the build?

Re: Xtext Model Update Deletes .svn files for deleted classes [message #826090 is a reply to message #826080] Wed, 21 March 2012 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Not a bad idea, do yo know roughly how I would go about that? For example is there a configuration on the project that would let me add a run configuration to execute or would I have to create my own builder?
Re: Xtext Model Update Deletes .svn files for deleted classes [message #826131 is a reply to message #826090] Wed, 21 March 2012 17:46 Go to previous message
Hi I think still we are not talking about the same: I thought you
where talking about the GenerateYourdsl.mwe2 and the files generated
by this workflow. Thus with build I meant maven ant or whatever you
use to build your bundles

Previous Topic:define type alias in DSL
Next Topic:Avoid dependency to org.eclipse.xtext.builder and thus to jdt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:14:08 GMT 2024