Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Missing EGit Context Menu Options(Looking for help figuring out why I can't do things like Team>Annotate)
Missing EGit Context Menu Options [message #825225] Tue, 20 March 2012 16:21 Go to next message
Matt Donnelly is currently offline Matt DonnellyFriend
I'm trying to switch my workflow over to Git from SVN, but one thing has created a barrier for me. While I can use Tortoise, Git Gui, and Git BASH, I'm finding it hard to use EGit in Eclipse because for some reason, my context menu does not have any Git-related options in it. If I switch to the Git Repositories view, I can view the repo and take some limited action (branching, checkout, etc) but without the context menu I can't seem to do things like Annotate/Blame.

Currently under "Team", the only options are Apply Patch and Show Local History. There is nothing about interacting with the Git repository.

Does anyone know why the context menu might not have Git options in it? And more importantly, how to add Git options to the context menu where appropriate?

Thanks.
Re: Missing EGit Context Menu Options [message #825236 is a reply to message #825225] Tue, 20 March 2012 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin Sawicki is currently offline Kevin SawickiFriend
It looks like the project you are selecting is not associated with a Git Repository.

When you select the repository from the Git Repositories view and run Import Project... from the context menu all projects imported should be associated with a repository and then will have an extensive Team menu with many options for branching, merging, committing, etc.
Re: Missing EGit Context Menu Options [message #825239 is a reply to message #825236] Tue, 20 March 2012 16:43 Go to previous message
Matt Donnelly is currently offline Matt DonnellyFriend
So simple. Great. I had manually imported from the working directory before, so I guess it never associated. Removing the imported projects and then using the Git Repositories view to import the project, it worked.

Thanks for the help!
Previous Topic:Remote Tracking Branch Issues
Next Topic:Unable to track some files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:19:32 GMT 2024