Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » VIATRA » Copy rule
Copy rule [message #824282] Mon, 19 March 2012 13:42 Go to next message
Cristina Murillo is currently offline Cristina MurilloFriend
Hi,

I am trying to perform a transformation, and I require to copy one entity to a different location inside the model space, I know this can be done by using the copy rule, as shown on the Viatra Specification:

// copy entity C and all of its contents directly under Container together with
// ALL incoming and outgoing relations ; the entity is accessed by CNew

copy (C, Container , CNew , keep_edges );

however, I get an error since "keep_edges" is not recognize. Can anyone please tell me what I need to import in order to be able to copy the entity?

Thank you,
Cristina
Re: Copy rule [message #824303 is a reply to message #824282] Mon, 19 March 2012 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abel Hegedus is currently offline Abel HegedusFriend
Hello,

if I remember well, the keep_edges is a boolean value, so you should try either true or false as the last parameter of copy.

Best,
Ábel
Re: Copy rule [message #824324 is a reply to message #824303] Mon, 19 March 2012 14:36 Go to previous message
Cristina Murillo is currently offline Cristina MurilloFriend
Hi,

Thanks, I tried using a boolean value as the 4th parameter but it does not work either.

However, I think that the document where I got that information might not be updated to latest versions since the last parameter is supposed to be CopySemanticsAST ::= copy_boundary_edges | skip_boundary_edges, for older versions I think it was keep_edges and drop_edges, that is why they were not recognized in the first place.

So for my version, I just need to use copy_boundary_edges or skip_boundary_edges and it works! Smile

Thanks!
Previous Topic:Please criticise my transformation
Next Topic:MMT newsgroup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:20:21 GMT 2024