Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Help modifications(Trying to change fonts and add banner to Eclipse Help output)
Eclipse Help modifications [message #823662] Sun, 18 March 2012 17:46
Jeof Ree is currently offline Jeof ReeFriend
Hello,

I'm creating an Eclipse Help Infocenter plugin using another software tool and then generating an Infocenter using Eclipse, and though it's working fine, I want to make some modifications and can't decipher various instructions I've found for doing so.

I'm generating a plugin using Oxygen XML editor, and then copying it into the Eclipse plugins directory. Then, when I use a command to start the infocenter, it appears.

What I'd like to do is insert a banner with the product logo along the top of the Infocenter, on every topic would be fine, but just on the landing page would be okay also. I also want to change the topic heading fonts.

I've read this, regarding how to insert a banner, but finding it hard to follow:

h t t p : / / dita.xml.org/wiki/setting-up-the-eclipse-help-infocenter-for-publishing-dita-content

(remove spaces to use the URL)

Reading that, at times it seems as if the configuration.ini file I need to edit is the one located at:

/Applications/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.platform_4.1.2.v20120223-0900/plugin_customization.ini

and at other times it seems to be referring to a configuration.ini file in my output plugin directory, (the directory I added after generating it from Oxygen). There is none at that location, do I need to create one?

The "id" of my plugin seems to be listed in this file:

/Applications/eclipse/plugins/eclipse_help_out/META-INF

but following the instructions on the page above to include it and the html file containing my banner in the configuration.ini file, nothing changes.

If anyone familiar with this could walk through the steps to add a banner, with as much detail as possible, I'd greatly appreciate it. A lot of the info I see about it describes doing things to the "Eclipse Project", but since I'm only using Eclipse to generate the Infocenter, that doesn't apply here.

The second question is simply how to change the fonts for the Infocenter output. I know how to edit the DITA-OT files to change everything I need for PDF output or Webhelp, but where to change the fonts of topic headings and body text for Eclipse Help infocenter output is eluding me.

Thanks very much,
Previous Topic:Web Host forbids Java
Next Topic:how to install mobile programming JavaME
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:16:05 GMT 2024