Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » What the hell man!(Eclipse sucks)
What the hell man! [message #822917] Sat, 17 March 2012 13:44 Go to next message
Nunya Business is currently offline Nunya BusinessFriend
I downloaded eclipse. I got an error saying it cant find companion shared library. I uninstalled it. Then I downloaded it again. Same error once more. What is up with you! Multiple downloads and still i get the error. You really are full of it.... I have a project to do and you can't even deliver. I was recommended this program but looks like I will be telling people NOT to use this piece of shit. Fuck you Eclipse I hope you rot in hell.
Re: What the hell man! [message #822925 is a reply to message #822917] Sat, 17 March 2012 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 2012.03.17 7:44, Nunya Business wrote:
> I downloaded eclipse. I got an error saying it cant find companion
> shared library. I uninstalled it. Then I downloaded it again. Same error
> once more. What is up with you! Multiple downloads and still i get the
> error. You really are full of it.... I have a project to do and you
> can't even deliver. I was recommended this program but looks like I will
> be telling people NOT to use this piece of shit. Fuck you Eclipse I hope
> you rot in hell.

Stunningly eloquent!
Re: What the hell man! [message #822991 is a reply to message #822917] Sat, 17 March 2012 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Good luck on that project. I'm sure your opting to vent in a nonconstructive manner, rather than providing useful information to those who are here to help, will serve you well.

If you do want to do something constructive, you could start with the name of the file you downloaded, the OS you are on, and how you are invoking the Eclipse executable.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: What the hell man! [message #1831534 is a reply to message #822917] Sat, 22 August 2020 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant Collinsworth is currently offline Grant CollinsworthFriend
EVerything Programming related is a POS... But we already know this... Moving forward, why does Eclipse Compiler throw up on me when I try to declare a method:

Inside Body tag: .

---
7: Declare method for Lower case string:
8: <%=String makeItLower(String data) {
9: return data.toLowerCase();
10: } %>
---
ERROR:
An error occurred at line: [8] in the jsp file: [/Declarations-test.jsp]
Syntax error, insert ")" to complete Method Invocation

Yep this is total BS.. I cant run the page till this gets fixed. Any suggestions

Re: What the hell man! [message #1831535 is a reply to message #1831534] Sat, 22 August 2020 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

That's a JSP expression, not a declaration. A declaration opens with "<%!" , not "<%=".

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: What the hell man! [message #1831540 is a reply to message #822917] Sat, 22 August 2020 08:35 Go to previous message
Frank Tavernier is currently offline Frank TavernierFriend
Dude. Eclipse is a free program. It is supposed to be bad.

You are probably approaching that the way I tend to do : "I am going to try that program and it is just going to work." No, it won't! Programs in general don't work. You have to put time and effort in making them work. If after that it still doesn't, then you have the right to complain. If you also paid for it, then you have the right to act like a jerk as well.
Previous Topic:RCP development: how to find advanced widgets
Next Topic:add newline to template?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:01:21 GMT 2024