Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Why this complaint in web.xml.. no issues building. no error in IDEA
Why this complaint in web.xml.. no issues building. no error in IDEA [message #822027] Fri, 16 March 2012 04:35 Go to next message
Rick Reumann is currently offline Rick ReumannFriend
I'm trying to use Indigo (mac osx, java ee support and spring plugin and a few others.)

I can't figure why it's complaining about my web.xml as shown. It builds and deploys fine from maven and in intellij IDEA it's not complaining about it either. The message seems cryptic anyway.

Any ideas?

index.php/fa/7560/0/

index.php/fa/7559/0/
Re: Why this complaint in web.xml.. no issues building. no error in IDEA [message #822336 is a reply to message #822027] Fri, 16 March 2012 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anything I can try. That one has 2.4. and 2.5 in it so thought that was the issue... so even watered it down some to the following but still any web.xml file is throwing up that red error
can't post links so here is the image

index.php/fa/7565/0/

Re: Why this complaint in web.xml.. no issues building. no error in IDEA [message #823934 is a reply to message #822336] Mon, 19 March 2012 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess no one else runs into this? I even did a fresh install and, for a few hours I wasn't getting any web.xml errors. Eventually one creeped up again, as show below. I am using the m2e maven plugin so maybe that affects things? (But I am seeing this error and my other non maven projects as well.) This time it shifted to saying "cannot resolve name javaee:web-appType to a type definition component"
Extremely frustrating to say the least.

index.php/fa/7574/0/

Re: Why this complaint in web.xml.. no issues building. no error in IDEA [message #834906 is a reply to message #823934] Mon, 02 April 2012 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nobody?
Re: Why this complaint in web.xml.. no issues building. no error in IDEA [message #834926 is a reply to message #834906] Mon, 02 April 2012 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 4/2/2012 8:39 AM, Rick Reumann wrote:
> Nobody?

As this is a question about web.xml, you might try the Eclipse web tools
forum where lots of experienced web application developers hang out.
Re: Why this complaint in web.xml.. no issues building. no error in IDEA [message #835697 is a reply to message #834926] Tue, 03 April 2012 15:07 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

It looks like an XML Validation issue. Have you tried creating another Dynamic Web Project with the same versions and compared the web.xml file that's generated with this one? Does bringing up the file's context menu and invoking Validation clear things up?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:classpath issue
Next Topic:navigator view not tracking the selected file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:42:11 GMT 2024