Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to relate projects with remote system connections(FTP connections are created, projects are created, just need to connect them together.)
icon5.gif  How to relate projects with remote system connections [message #821951] Fri, 16 March 2012 01:34 Go to next message
Burak Ueda is currently offline Burak UedaFriend
Hi,

Created a few projects, and created FTP connections for them via Remote Systems Explorer. Everything is fine, I can connect and browse remote files etc.

But how do I relate a project with a specific remote connection so I can upload my files? There is no option for this in the project properties.

I know it must be easy as hell, because both are already there and I just need to connect them together, but I seem not to able to find the way to do it.

Thanks for any help.

[Updated on: Fri, 16 March 2012 02:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to relate projects with remote system connections [message #822219 is a reply to message #821951] Fri, 16 March 2012 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jose ferreiro is currently offline jose ferreiroFriend
Hello

I think I am actually working in something similar. I have a linux server with a cross-compiler toolchain. I edit the files from a windows PC and run the buid processes from a ssh connection to the server. I am looking to do this from inside Eclipse.

Mixing things I have been able to create a remote project and build it from Eclipse. I do it with:
- Eclipse 4 + CDT + PTP (RDT) + TM + RSE on the windows side
- Perl + java + rdt-server on linux side

At help.eclipse.org/helios you can look at RDT User Documentation (sorry but I can not use links yet: /index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.ptp.rdt.doc.user%2Fhtml%2Fgettingstarted%2Fserver_installation_unix.html)

Just now, I can edit the files and build the project. Unfortunately, the Search option functions in a weird way and Declaration and References options does not work. I keep looking for.

Good luck

[Updated on: Fri, 16 March 2012 10:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to relate projects with remote system connections [message #825539 is a reply to message #822219] Wed, 21 March 2012 00:24 Go to previous message
Burak Ueda is currently offline Burak UedaFriend
Hi Jose,
Thanks for the reply,
I am working on PHP projects, so for me editing files directly on the live server is a very bad idea. I need to edit and test the files locally and then upload them to the server.
Previous Topic:How to automate Java project deployment through eclipse' UI
Next Topic:Unable to Install plugin for drools
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:07:34 GMT 2024