Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » wrong handler for keybinding Ctrl+V when using multiple TextEditors
wrong handler for keybinding Ctrl+V when using multiple TextEditors [message #821518] Thu, 15 March 2012 13:17 Go to next message
lvoiry larry83 is currently offline lvoiry larry83Friend
Hi,

It's my first post on this forum.

I've implemented a page in a multipage editor that include three texteditors based on AsbtractTextEditor.

When activating the CRTL+V keys in any of the three texteditors, only the handler for the third is executed, and the paste operation occurs in that editor.

I thinked that this problem was due to a wrong SelectionProvider configuration and tested the SelectionProviderIntermediate solution (with setting of the SelectionProviderDelegate of the texteditor that gains focus).

But it seems that the selection service has no effect on the keybinding "dispatching".

Can someone help me to fix my problem ?

[Updated on: Fri, 16 March 2012 15:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: wrong handler for keybinding Ctrl+V when using multiple TextEditors [message #824249 is a reply to message #821518] Mon, 19 March 2012 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend
Without any code, it sounds like the multiple editor isn't fully aware which is the active editor.
Re: wrong handler for keybinding Ctrl+V when using multiple TextEditors [message #824304 is a reply to message #824249] Mon, 19 March 2012 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lvoiry larry83 is currently offline lvoiry larry83Friend
Hi Brian,

Thanks for your answer.

I've tried to explicitly set active editor to one of the three editors in the page. It has no effect on the problem. In fact, the setActiveEditor method don't call setActivePage because there is no page that has been created with addPage(IEditorPart, IEditorInput).
Re: wrong handler for keybinding Ctrl+V when using multiple TextEditors [message #825921 is a reply to message #824304] Wed, 21 March 2012 12:26 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

it will only dispatch key events correctly if you've added the 3 editors with addPage(*). If you have not, what exactly did you do?

PW

Previous Topic:Adding command, menu contributions, handlers programmatically
Next Topic:Export wizard missing bundle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 10:17:38 GMT 2024