Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Copy-paste betwen diagrams(The default copy-paste function doesn't make sense to me)
Copy-paste betwen diagrams [message #820219] Tue, 13 March 2012 21:39 Go to next message
Arto Jarvinen is currently offline Arto JarvinenFriend
Hi,

I'm kind of new to this so perhaps this is a noobish question but here goes: I have implemented a model with unsynchronized diagrams. I then create a model and two diagrams. I create one item in each diagram. So far so good: both items show up in the model. I then copy the item in diagram 2 to diagram 1. In diagram 1 i get the correct icon but neither the name of the item or the one attribute I have defined for the item gets copied. The model still shows two items as it should.

This behavior doesn't seem meaningful. Have I missed something or is this a bug? How can I implement a proper copy-paste between diagrams, preferably without diving too deep into the generated Java code. With "proper" I here mean that the two diagrams after the copy-paste shall show an image of the *same* model item. If I delete the item from the model, it should disappear from both diagrams. The diagrams are *views* into the model.

I then probably would like to drag and drop items from the project explorer into the diagrams too so if you have any hints here that would be appreciated too.

Cheers and thanks!

Arto

Re: Copy-paste betwen diagrams [message #839816 is a reply to message #820219] Mon, 09 April 2012 08:36 Go to previous message
Arto Jarvinen is currently offline Arto JarvinenFriend
Ok, found some good hints in a blog post by "esalagea" that I could tweak to my preferences. (I'm not yet allowed to provide a link.)

Previous Topic:Navigate through diagrams of different types
Next Topic:Renaming GMF Resource Files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 07:17:52 GMT 2024