Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » Unable a deploy Spring WebMVC application on Gemini(When I try to activate my Spring WebMVC application on Gemini I get java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/asm/ClassVisitor)
Unable a deploy Spring WebMVC application on Gemini [message #819862] Tue, 13 March 2012 12:17 Go to next message
Naveen Kumtakar is currently offline Naveen KumtakarFriend
I have a simple Spring WebMVC application which I am trying to activate on Gemini-Web.
When I install the file and try to start it I get an exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/asm/ClassVisitor

I am attaching the full stack trace as well. When I execute the following on osgi console "packages 40" , where 40 is the bundle id for org.springframework.asm_3.1.1.RELEASE, I am getting the following output

osgi> packages 40
org.springframework.asm; version="3.1.1.RELEASE"<org.springframework.asm_3.1.1.R
ELEASE [40]>
HelloWorld_1.0.0.qualifier [50] imports
org.springframework.asm.commons; version="3.1.1.RELEASE"<org.springframework.asm
_3.1.1.RELEASE [40]>
org.springframework.asm.signature; version="3.1.1.RELEASE"<org.springframework.a
sm_3.1.1.RELEASE [40]>

Where clearly its displaying my HelloWorld appliction is importing that package.

What am I doing wrong?

• Attachment: stacktrace
    (Size: 6.81KB, Downloaded 280 times)
  • Attachment: HelloWorld.war
    (Size: 7.08KB, Downloaded 191 times)
Re: Unable a deploy Spring WebMVC application on Gemini [message #820143 is a reply to message #819862] Tue, 13 March 2012 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Violeta Georgieva is currently offline Violeta GeorgievaFriend
Hi,

Try to refresh "org.springframework.core" bundle as it imports that package with resolution optional and may appear that the wiring didn't happen.

Regards
Violeta
Re: Unable a deploy Spring WebMVC application on Gemini [message #820551 is a reply to message #820143] Wed, 14 March 2012 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Naveen Kumtakar is currently offline Naveen KumtakarFriend
That did solve the problem for the ClassNotFound exception however currently getting

org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line 19 i
n XML document from ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/spring/appServlet/servlet-
context.xml] is invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-
complex-type.2.4.c: The matching wildcard is strict, but no declaration can be f
ound for element 'context:component-scan'.

Even though I have spring-context as one of my installed bundles. I refreshed the bundle as well but it didnt help

Any ideas?
Re: Unable a deploy Spring WebMVC application on Gemini [message #833537 is a reply to message #820551] Sat, 31 March 2012 17:05 Go to previous message
novaeye liang is currently offline novaeye liangFriend
try this:
use org.eclipse.virgo.web.dm.ServerOsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext as contextClass in your web.xml

and you can found this class in org.eclipse.virgo.web.dm-xxxx.jar

good luck Razz
Previous Topic:Difference between Gemini JPA and EclipseLink OSGi
Next Topic:[Gemini JPA] - Unmanaged EntityManagerFactory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:17:46 GMT 2024