Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » Cell vertical block selection in Table/Tree Viewer
Cell vertical block selection in Table/Tree Viewer [message #819747] Tue, 13 March 2012 09:26 Go to next message
Christophe Bouhier is currently offline Christophe BouhierFriend
Hi There,

I have created a specialized version of the SWTFocusCellManager, named SWTFocusBlockManager
It maintains a drag state, and updates the block of cells which have focus. For this I also needed a specialized implementation of the FocusBlockHighlighter. This updates the column focus selection.
While draggin, a command can be prepared. When Mouse.UP the command is executed.

See a screenshot attached.

- It now works with SWT.MULTI selection on.
- The copy command is embedded in the SWTFocusBlockManager, while it shouldn't be part of it.

I would like to share this with JFace, so perhaps it could be useful to others, and I would really like some experienced JFace people to review the code. What would be the best way to go about? A bug with the code attached as a patch?

TIA, Christophe Bouhier
Re: Cell vertical block selection in Table/Tree Viewer [message #819757 is a reply to message #819747] Tue, 13 March 2012 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Hi,

a) file a bugzilla and include there
b) Maybe create a small snippet to see it in action which we are going
to reference from http://wiki.eclipse.org/JFaceSnippets

Simply CC me on the bug - the JFace(-Viewers) area is currently lacking
some TLC. We are past API freeze for Juno but if the API is generic
enough we can maybe integrate it into JFace post Juno.

Tom

Am 13.03.12 10:26, schrieb Christophe Bouhier:
> Hi There,
>
> I have created a specialized version of the SWTFocusCellManager, named SWTFocusBlockManager
> It maintains a drag state, and updates the block of cells which have focus. For this I also needed a specialized implementation of the FocusBlockHighlighter. This updates the column focus selection.
> While draggin, a command can be prepared. When Mouse.UP the command is executed.
>
> See a screenshot attached.
>
> - It now works with SWT.MULTI selection on.
> - The copy command is embedded in the SWTFocusBlockManager, while it shouldn't be part of it.
>
> I would like to share this with JFace, so perhaps it could be useful to others, and I would really like some experienced JFace people to review the code. What would be the best way to go about? A bug with the code attached as a patch?
>
> TIA, Christophe Bouhier
Re: Cell vertical block selection in Table/Tree Viewer [message #819810 is a reply to message #819757] Tue, 13 March 2012 10:53 Go to previous message
Christophe Bouhier is currently offline Christophe BouhierFriend
Here is a bug with a working snippet. (I removed the part where a command is created, as it should be external to JFace really).

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=374051
Previous Topic:TableViewer, DataBindingContext and UpdateValueStrategy
Next Topic:Issue with default Sorting on Virtual Table & ViewerComparator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:27:07 GMT 2024