Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to define a task which concerns several and various sources, tasks and text (wiki)(At the top or sub-topic of a project we can connect our doc to the concerned component of a project, how todo it)
icon5.gif  How to define a task which concerns several and various sources, tasks and text (wiki) [message #819547] Tue, 13 March 2012 03:07
Bernard TREMBLAY is currently offline Bernard TREMBLAYFriend

Hi,

When we are managing a project, we can have to define a task associated to an element, a line of code.

Often the text say : apply specifications, description and rules defined in ... a defined URL

Versus when we are reading the above defined text we should wish have links to the elements of the project(s) that is (are)concerned.

We should wish to go to these elements directly from their reference and find all related documents.

I began two month ago to work with ECLIPSE : + Mylyn + PDT + MantisBT + SmartyEditor

I have not found yet how to do what I describe.

The fact : The elements are related to many docs (and sometimes several task with a risk of conflicts which we must find earlier as possible)by a n-n relation.
Most of time a task concerns several element and need only one specification

The navigation using urls is heavy and can't be implemented for current management.

I have not found a product to manage this in the way I can imagine.

Exemple of search
I imagine the solution that is when a task is defined for an element (a name reference in fact) with Mylyn. Then if you use from task list "new task from marker" with MantisBT or Bugzilla connector you will obtain the link to your defined task repositories.
With MantisBT you will point to project (get list by SOAP from repository) and add a task with his attributes.
The lonely way to put together several task is to share tags. But its seems that there is no way to find all tags who share tags (one or several, or a query on tags).
The query on "task" named "issues" (sematic link with debug not with development from init) includes a "tag" field, but there is no help and no syntax then as you can get several hundredth of tags... you need paper and type, "and" is assumed.

Conclusion

I could seem that I speak about MantisBT specifications, no, I just take an example for detailed explanation to show where is the problem.

I will test now bugzilla (I now it because I participate a little to Mozilla which uses it...).

This is the full problem of software development which is in the good way to manage these links.

Best regards

Trebly

Trebly
Previous Topic:[AXDT] Setting up Xtext Project Builder for external projects
Next Topic:Please Help!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:58:21 GMT 2024