Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » new project dialog box opens empty(can't create new project while working through tutorial)
new project dialog box opens empty [message #819518] Tue, 13 March 2012 02:02 Go to next message
Andrew Jardine is currently offline Andrew JardineFriend
I downloaded and extracted Eclipse to use with Java. Unpacked and seems to run OK.

I'm working through the Workbench tutorial, and when I try File > New > Projects... as per the tutorial, I'm getting a blank dialog box (see screenshot).

Any Idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm running Eclipse on a 64 bit Windows 7 Asus laptop with Nvidia video card.

Regards,

Andrew

index.php/fa/7501/0/
Re: new project dialog box opens empty [message #820060 is a reply to message #819518] Tue, 13 March 2012 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

On 3/12/2012 10:02 PM, Andrew Jardine wrote:
> I downloaded and extracted Eclipse to use with Java. Unpacked and seems to run OK.
>
> I'm working through the Workbench tutorial, and when I try File> New> Projects... as per the tutorial, I'm getting a blank dialog box (see screenshot).
>
> Any Idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm running Eclipse on a 64 bit Windows 7 Asus laptop with Nvidia video card.

Which file did you download? What exactly was its name?

--
---
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse WTP Source Editing and JSDT
IBM Rational

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: new project dialog box opens empty [message #820876 is a reply to message #820060] Wed, 14 March 2012 17:24 Go to previous message
Andrew Jardine is currently offline Andrew JardineFriend
The file I downloaded is called eclipse-java-europa-winter-win32.
Previous Topic:BIRT Runtime shared
Next Topic:Student Submissions in Classroom
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:42:30 GMT 2024